New bike day followed by disappointment

Oct 4, 2020
GB
Yeah got my new cube 140 TM today! But unable to ride it. The axel wont through the front wheel.......disappointed doesn't even come close!

Has anyone else experience this? The axel gets about half way in and no more!

Oct 4, 2020
GB
Not sure its the right way round you have them flat on the floor right??....;):):D

Everything looks fine, cant see anything that's out the ordinary. The axel seems perfectly straight and cant see anything odd in the hub.

Oct 4, 2020
GB
Unfortunately not. Wheel is off back to the shop tomorrow who have been really good. Unfortunately they don’t another wheel the same but have said they will get me a loan one until the replacement arrives. Just one of those things I guess. Was looking forward to breaking it in today, will just to wait now.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Fox 36?? If so it has a floating axle so have you done the initial alignment?? If it is out of alignment and not loosened the axle will forced to one side and seize.

Oct 4, 2020
GB
Fox 36?? If so it has a floating axle so have you done the initial alignment?? If it is out of alignment and not loosened the axle will forced to one side and seize.

hi, the axel doesn’t go through the wheel at all, even when the wheel is out of the fork.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
hi, the axel doesn’t go through the wheel at all, even when the wheel is out of the fork.
That sounds strange. Not even sure how that is possible.
Either the axel is too big, or there is something wrong on the wheel. Wrong bearings?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That sounds strange. Not even sure how that is possible.
Either the axel is too big, or there is something wrong on the wheel. Wrong bearings?
Probably a prototype axle ..

round.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
?????? :)

WOULD ! ......

It's a tricky one, excitement would have been overruling common sense ... and in my case that wouldn't take much excitement.

I'm sure Sam Pilgrim would have got away with just bashing it through. I'd have been concerned about damaging the thread and unlike Pilgrim I wouldn't have 500 spare brand new in box axels lying around, so I might have taken pictures then run a drill through there just so I could ride it :)

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
?????? :)

WOULD ! ......

It's a tricky one, excitement would have been overruling common sense ... and in my case that wouldn't take much excitement.

I'm sure Sam Pilgrim would have got away with just bashing it through. I'd have been concerned about damaging the thread and unlike Pilgrim I wouldn't have 500 spare brand new in box axels lying around, so I might have taken pictures then run a drill through there just so I could ride it :)
And Sam's tool of choice would either be a brick or a chunk of stone or something along those lines.
If it doesn't fit... make it fit!!!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
dont wash it...as in using a hose. Get a soft brush and most of that mud will come off. Then use a wet cloth and bucket of warm water to wipe it over ( you can use a bit of car shampoo in the water then fresh water).....followed by silicon shine or similar. Leave the battery in. When clean you can remove the battery and clean out any mud that has worked its way into the battery compartment. You will make less mess and be sure not to get water into the electronic/contacts, and it ensures you dont force mud slime into pivot bearings etc.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Wheel has been replaced and I've taken the beast out today. Loved it.

When washing it should I leave the battery in or take it out?

View attachment 41793
Blimey. Looks like someone has had good go on that pointing with a power washer!
Glad you got it sorted and enjoy the bike. Loving mine and just treated myself to the all important torgue wrench so I can look after it better

Going for Invisiframe? I got some orange annodised valve caps to add a little bling

Oct 4, 2020
GB
Blimey. Looks like someone has had good go on that pointing with a power washer!
Glad you got it sorted and enjoy the bike. Loving mine and just treated myself to the all important torgue wrench so I can look after it better

Going for Invisiframe? I got some orange annodised valve caps to add a little bling

Not decided on invisiframe.....have you used it? I dont really mind the "used look" and I'm going to copy your valve caps. Where did you get them from?

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Just added Invisiframe as I intend keeping the bike for some time and regularly use a bike rack with clamps. I added a discount code on the forum somewhere giving you 10% off.

Here are the valve caps
Plenty of others and probably much of a muchness

I also got some orange V12 flat pedals and this saddle

(although absolutely nothing wrong with the one supplied)

Just ordered the bolt on pro guard mud guard for the front having been out for a ride like yours!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles