New Bike and My First Post

MartyO

Mar 24, 2021
Oceanside, CA
Thought I would post a photo of my new bike. I've been on two rides and I am very pleased.
IMG_1034.JPG

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Yey! And that little rear mudguard is cute — let us know what you think after a wet ride.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Nice bike. That lower chain device looks a bit brutal though, it's stretching the rear mech to its limit in the low gear.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Very nice rig, I've always been a fan of Rocky Mountain. I'd definitely have the chain length looked at though. For all I know they're designed to to do that...

Welcome to the forums

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
Thought I would post a photo of my new bike. I've been on two rides and I am very pleased. View attachment 61640
Welcome to a new world Marty. If I could give you just two pieces of advice, it would be:
1. Learn all you can about maintaining your e-mtb in top condition. These bikes take a hammering if you ride like most of us, and they need regular maintenance. Will save you lots of dosh, and give you lots of pleasure and satisfaction.
2. Ride, ride, ride - don't be afraid to join an MTB Club in your area, and above all, enjoy the thrill of mountain biking either alone, or with mates..

Mike D.

Sep 19, 2020
Alpujarras
Small point, Marty... hasn't your rear mech got a clutch? I think you'll find that you don't actually need a chain-tensioner.

Welcome to a fresh website all about the new(ish) e-mtb culture, not an old school site trying to catch up... ?

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Yes l was thinking why has the bike got and upper and lower chain device
But l checked and its standard fitment on that model.
You could probably remove the lower one, mines got neither and l have never dropped the chain.

MartyO

Mar 24, 2021
Oceanside, CA
Thanks for the warm welcome and great advice. I especially like the advice to ride the heck out of it. That's what I've been doing and I'm having a lot of fun. These e-bikes go downhill as well as my regular MTB. What I find amazing is what can be climbed.

kartiksaini

May 23, 2021
bhopal
hi you are talking about your
NEW BIKE AND MY FIRST POST
i suggest you have search on google your question thanking for sharing this

MartyO

Mar 24, 2021
Oceanside, CA
Seems like Rocky Mountain has it figured out. I'm still dialing in the suspension. I've used 94% of the rear travel so far and no issues. I will hope that continues.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles