New 2025 Wild

TurdFarmer

Sep 22, 2024
Australia
Two things I was hoping to see with the 2025 Wild, no more headset cable routing and I was really hoping they would use the 800wh battery.
Yeah, I can understand why they didn't go with the new 800, still dissapointing to say the least though. Headset cable routing is a big one, no one likes it. They obviously made a completely new mould for the frame, the fact they didn't add cable ports to it is beyond me.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Yeah, I can understand why they didn't go with the new 800, still dissapointing to say the least though. Headset cable routing is a big one, no one likes it. They obviously made a completely new mould for the frame, the fact they didn't add cable ports to it is beyond me.
I don't think they made a new mold, I believe they could have just gotten away with a revision. If they had made a new mold I would assume they could use the 800wh battery.

Saddlerags

Sep 15, 2019
Utah
Did it has any other advantages than the plus 50Wh?
The 750 is the old one, not using the high density cells, so basically it’s a big weight penalty to select it over the 600. It’s also cheaper to go with the 600wh battery so that’d be my pick. The only thing causing hesitation is if they bump up the power output in half a year like the rumors say, it’ll drain that 600 a bit quicker.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

TurdFarmer

Sep 22, 2024
Australia

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
They might not have change totally the frame, but at motor location it seems different, head angle too etc.

Honestly they could have just be in a hurry to be the among the first to release the bosch gen 5. Still they offer a new rear travel increase which, they have focus on something small they could change quickly

Pure speculation anyway.

Yes it is a disappointment to not have the bigger battery, honestly I would not care if the bike was about 5k, here we would pay for a flagship without everything about it.

Last edited:

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
170 fork was standard on the 23 Wild though wasn't it? With 160 being an option?
Other way around.
160 was default for most of them except for the M-Ltd model (the top version with the race motor. I believe that one came with 170 as default)

The geo-numbers officially listed for the bike was with a 160 fork.

TurdFarmer

Sep 22, 2024
Australia
Other way around.
160 was default for most of them except for the M-Ltd model (the top version with the race motor. I believe that one came with 170 as default)

The geo-numbers officially listed for the bike was with a 160 fork.
Ahh okay.

But wouldnt the rear end going up another 10mm to match the fork keep the geo the same?

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Ahh okay.

But wouldnt the rear end going up another 10mm to match the fork keep the geo the same?
There was in the past no up of the rear travel, it was 160m all the time.

Today you have 170m which make the bike maybe more plush and DH oriented.

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
The Wild is barley 2 years old,scraping it for a new model/mold is just not logical.
They just changed the lower part of the mold for the new motor,like Crestline did,Much chepaer.
Crestline (by chance) had room for the new 800w,Orbea unfortunatly didnt.
Sometime you can change only part of the mold and not have to redo it all.
Also the added travel and geo change comes from the new link and longer fork.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Someone asked this question in Orbea's official 2025 Wild -video on youtube.

Orbea's response:

"
...If you mount the linkage in a 2023 model the clearance between the motor mount and rear chainstay bridge would be too tight!
"
Thanks, i thought maybe add the link on to an on sale '24 could be a bargain. Oh well, better to get the new motor lighter bike

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Someone asked this question in Orbea's official 2025 Wild -video on youtube.

Orbea's response:

"
...If you mount the linkage in a 2023 model the clearance between the motor mount and rear chainstay bridge would be too tight!
"
I guess the cs bridge contacts the frame at full travel. It might be worth a try after short stroking a shock by 2.5mm. Travel would still be 164 and it'd be mullet

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles