My Rail, Resting on Stuff

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
Love this thread.... and as I today picked up this babe.... famous from :)

Here is my addition from this Rail 9 (2021) first ride.... 885m to 1357m over 22km, great intro to this one; did a testride the day before from 762m to 1348 which was excellent, thus just had to get it ;)

Resting on....... a bale of hay:
View attachment 35413

A crikey bridge:
View attachment 35414

A wooden bridge:
View attachment 35415

Fence while going up hill: (oh and yes, restarting a bike going uphill, that is updated to have 85Nm works great; then again that worked even better on the Haibike Flyon Allmtn 8.0, that one just ran out of juice too quickly); this section of the path was the easy bit:
View attachment 35416

Another Cow-fence:
View attachment 35417

A bench a wee bit further up:
View attachment 35418

Together with the sheep, horses and donkey (off screen to the right):
View attachment 35419

and of course on a watererthrough, drinkable water straight from the mountain, which is a good thing, as unless one brings a camelpak, no waterbottle fits in the triangle (the bontrager holder does, but you won't get any useful bottle in ;) ...
View attachment 35420

That was a nice 22km intro ride to get it back home, further was downhill at ~46kmh average, yes, the breaks work fine.

The Zeb functions marvellously, but will have to throw some more off track against it to test that properly.

High Rock Ruti

You gotta ride those hay bales like Danny McCaskill!

Philly G

Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Love this thread.... and as I today picked up this babe.... famous from :)

Here is my addition from this Rail 9 (2021) first ride.... 885m to 1357m over 22km, great intro to this one; did a testride the day before from 762m to 1348 which was excellent, thus just had to get it ;)

Resting on....... a bale of hay:
View attachment 35413

A crikey bridge:
View attachment 35414

A wooden bridge:
View attachment 35415

Fence while going up hill: (oh and yes, restarting a bike going uphill, that is updated to have 85Nm works great; then again that worked even better on the Haibike Flyon Allmtn 8.0, that one just ran out of juice too quickly); this section of the path was the easy bit:
View attachment 35416

Another Cow-fence:
View attachment 35417

A bench a wee bit further up:
View attachment 35418

Together with the sheep, horses and donkey (off screen to the right):
View attachment 35419

and of course on a watererthrough, drinkable water straight from the mountain, which is a good thing, as unless one brings a camelpak, no waterbottle fits in the triangle (the bontrager holder does, but you won't get any useful bottle in ;) ...
View attachment 35420

That was a nice 22km intro ride to get it back home, further was downhill at ~46kmh average, yes, the breaks work fine.

The Zeb functions marvellously, but will have to throw some more off track against it to test that properly.
Lovely bike! Pretty similar to the 2020 model except for the Zeb? And the gorgeous new colourways!

befoot

May 1, 2020
Arizona
Here's mine at Beeks Place in the Santa Ana Mtns, CA View attachment 27319
IMG_1236.JPG

it's not my Rail ....It's my Procal but it is at Beeks

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
D17D53C9-34AD-44C6-8CD8-8CC6DA45425B.jpeg
7159C11F-C08B-42A3-B77D-9157EBC0ACE7.jpeg
8D3E34C7-E6D8-4E2A-8EA7-8CE96278B49D.jpeg

My rail 7 resting on stuff.
Pic 1: Top of Drovers road at back of Dundee
Pic 2: Bench on Riverside nature trail in Dundee after I decided to go out one night at 22:00.
Pic 3: Top of Pitmedden Forest, taken today. Still loving this bike. Although I did start to head a creak from bb area today whilst under power.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Vibration free? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure mine is warped, just need to summon up the arsed to remove it and check.

It as the only one available at the time (April) and if I'm honest it's massively overprice at £40, even if it hasn't warped.

It is the 223, but I don't think I'll bother again.

Last edited:

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
:eek::eek::eek: oh no!!! what happened? is it just the crank arm that's broken?
Nah just the bolt came out. It's funny as I was halfway down one of the best tracks in Nelson (Te ara koa) absolutely on fire having a blast & remember looking down & seeing the grease on the inside of the crank arm & thinking I hadn't noticed that before. Went over a small root lost my footing & then spent a few seconds spinning my legs trying to find my pedals again until I stopped & saw I had no pedal. Luckily it was 10m back up on the track. I din't want to put it back on incase I munted something so single sided it back down. I was ok coming down on the left side of the track but the right side gave me a bit of grief.:oops:

Philly G

Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Nah just the bolt came out. It's funny as I was halfway down one of the best tracks in Nelson (Te ara koa) absolutely on fire having a blast & remember looking down & seeing the grease on the inside of the crank arm & thinking I hadn't noticed that before. Went over a small root lost my footing & then spent a few seconds spinning my legs trying to find my pedals again until I stopped & saw I had no pedal. Luckily it was 10m back up on the track. I din't want to put it back on incase I munted something so single sided it back down. I was ok coming down on the left side of the track but the right side gave me a bit of grief.:oops:
Good thing you weren't landing a jump when you noticed the crank had gone! :oops: Hopefully the splines aren't damaged from riding with it loose. You might need a new axle

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Blade Trail, Afan, this morning;

IMG_1539.jpg

This was the second attempt as it decided that resting on stuff wasn’t as much fun as falling on it and damaging the paint...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles