Motor running hot???

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
It's getting to be summer here, I never ride in the heat of the day, but even in the late afternoon on my commute home from work, it's 35 deg. C outside and my motor seems to be running hotter every day.. as the temps. Go up..
The other day it was up to 44 deg.
Today it was up to 47deg.!
I ride unrestricted, with BLevo but I don't abuse it..
Most of my commute is using eco of 25%, only switching briefly to trail of 38% to get over obstacles..
So my question is this, is 45deg. Too hot?
Will it damage the motor!? What is the maximum temp. Where I should just stop! And give it a rest to cool down?
Do you normally run temps. Like this?
Will the motor shut down? If it gets too hot? Before it damages itself?
Thanks
Tim

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
It's getting to be summer here, I never ride in the heat of the day, but even in the late afternoon on my commute home from work, it's 35 deg. C outside and my motor seems to be running hotter every day.. as the temps. Go up..
The other day it was up to 44 deg.
Today it was up to 47deg.!
I ride unrestricted, with BLevo but I don't abuse it..
Most of my commute is using eco of 25%, only switching briefly to trail of 38% to get over obstacles..
So my question is this, is 45deg. Too hot?
Will it damage the motor!? What is the maximum temp. Where I should just stop! And give it a rest to cool down?
Do you normally run temps. Like this?
Will the motor shut down? If it gets too hot? Before it damages itself?
Thanks
Tim
10 - 12 degrees over ambient temp is actually quite good and I would not be concerned at all. I don't know the exact limit but there is thermal protection on both battery and motor and they will cut power before you damage anything. My guess is that the limit is between 60 and 70 degrees.

Karsten

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
10 - 12 degrees over ambient temp is actually quite good and I would not be concerned at all. I don't know the exact limit but there is thermal protection on both battery and motor and they will cut power before you damage anything. My guess is that the limit is between 60 and 70 degrees.

Karsten
Now that you mention it, it does seem to more or less correlate to 10-12 deg. Over ambient..
And it's pretty steady, not like the temp. Jumps suddenly or " runs away".. just was worried, as I've never seen it run this hot before.. but then I bought it in the winter.. so this is my first summer with it.
Tim

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles