Looking to buy my first EMTB - help me find it!

jerGOD

Aug 19, 2024
Finland
Hello everyone!

I'm moving from MTB to EMTB and have hard time to choose good bike for me.

I have drove canyon strive bascly last 7 years and have liked bike but im not
sure about EMTB's. Bascly looking something similar than strive.
What to buy when my budget is something like 6000eur?
Is there good sales atm for some brands?

Now i have on myl list:

Canyon Strive ON
Mondraker Crafty RR or Carfty carbon R
Trek rail 7/9
Specialized Levo comp turbo or Kenevo expert

If you know good sales or have other recommendations hit me up!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
You already know what you like a mountain bike to do, so that's a good start. I'd go with the Trek or Specialized, only because those companies are well-represented in my area. Go with a brand where you know you can get good support. Modern eMTB's are pretty reliable, but the forum is filled with folks who are forced to deal with sketchy shops. Learn from them.

My other advice is to get a full-blown eMTB. Don't go for some half-baked compromise. While outsiders might judge all eMTB riders by the grandmas they see riding along the bridle paths, you'll soon find that you can work just as hard as you do on your Amish bike, and you'll be shredding even harder.

jerGOD

Aug 19, 2024
Finland
You already know what you like a mountain bike to do, so that's a good start. I'd go with the Trek or Specialized, only because those companies are well-represented in my area. Go with a brand where you know you can get good support. Modern eMTB's are pretty reliable, but the forum is filled with folks who are forced to deal with sketchy shops. Learn from them.

My other advice is to get a full-blown eMTB. Don't go for some half-baked compromise. While outsiders might judge all eMTB riders by the grandmas they see riding along the bridle paths, you'll soon find that you can work just as hard as you do on your Amish bike, and you'll be shredding even harder.
Thanks.

I have tested my friends eMTB and i agree you can shred harder with it. It comes more like enduro for me when there is no need to focus on pedaling so much and its easier to keep up the pace. Also it's still gives you a good sweat.

KKe

Aug 20, 2024
Finland
Hello everyone!

Now i have on myl list:

Canyon Strive ON
Trek rail 7/9

I'm kind on same boat. Also thinking about Canyon Strive ON, but think I would prefer full 29" more than mullet. Have read about low BB and annoying crank strikes because that.

Orbea Wild is most interesting option right now, still hesitating if it's nimble enough for tight singletracks tho

jerGOD

Aug 19, 2024
Finland
I'm kind on same boat. Also thinking about Canyon Strive ON, but think I would prefer full 29" more than mullet. Have read about low BB and annoying crank strikes because that.

Orbea Wild is most interesting option right now, still hesitating if it's nimble enough for tight singletracks tho
I think i will go with Mondraker crafty RR. Only little worried about integrated battery... Took testride yesterday and it was feeling good. Lifetime frame warranty also good.

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Rocky Mountain Altitude Powerplay. That's if you have a dealer in the vicinity (lots of LBS do them here).

In my humble opinion, best motor. No clutch clatter while descending. Torquey. Excellent range. Great response curve. Really capable bike that manages to still feel quite agile. Great prices here in Aus at least.

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Hello everyone!

Now i have on myl list:

Canyon Strive ON
Trek rail 7/9

Hello everyone!

Now i have on myl list:

Canyon Strive ON
Trek rail 7/9

Spectral:ON CF 9

From 5.599 €

or from €933.17/month

From 7.649 €

You save €2,050
Strive:ON CFR

From 5.579 €

or from €929.83/month

From 7.099 €

You save €1,520

HandsomeDanNZ

Jun 16, 2024
Auckland NZ
Having just made the leap myself, I have to say I am impressed with the Merida eOne-Sixty that I am now riding.
Not sure of availability or dealer support where you're from, but here in NZ, we have a good network of Merida dealers, so I am well catered for.
Overall, pretty stoked with my purchase.
Good luck finding the right ride. It's something I wish I had done a long time ago!

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
I would value a similar geometry to what you already like, local support would also be on my list. Good shopping and welcome to the dark side. 😄

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles