Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Cheaper replacement parts. Tech riding eats drivetrain parts. Transmissions are just another way to jack up bike prices and higher prices mean more room for profit.
Not so. AXS Eagle and regular SRAM Eagle use the same wear parts (chain, cassette, chainring). And the AXS derailleurs are extremely durable. I agree that Transmission is a waste though.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Don’t forget all the t type cassettes have one or more alloy cogs. You can coat alloy with all the crap you want but it will still go sharks tooth faster than steel cogs. I will admit the flat back chains have larger pins and rollers that will improve wear but do price difference to “ stretch “ life add up?

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Obviously not. In my experience aluminum cogs are not made for the power of ebike motors. Most people don't seem to notice because they 'shift' with the motor. But if you really use those cogs in steep terrain how they are intended my chains jump over them in turbo after 2500-3000 km. And I'm a rather light rider and don't ride much in turbo.

ant02496

Jul 6, 2024
United States
Overpriced junk, just another way to jack up bike prices $800-$1500 bucks. On top of that the replacement parts cost a lot more.
When I purchase I dont look at the price. Aesthetics and functionality. Ive tried nearly every derailer in the market, T-Type my favorite.
One less cable on the bike, I love it when theres only the break cables.
If your worried about the price, please consider making more bread.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
When I purchase I dont look at the price. Aesthetics and functionality. Ive tried nearly every derailer in the market, T-Type my favorite.
One less cable on the bike, I love it when theres only the break cables.
If your worried about the price, please consider making more bread.
It’s cool, I’m sure the rumors that Bluetooth shifters causing male thingie shrinkage are totally false . 😳

DuncanDoughnuts

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town/JHB/Rippon
Overpriced junk, just another way to jack up bike prices $800-$1500 bucks. On top of that the replacement parts cost a lot more.
I kind of agree with you.

I have 3 Levos , One with T-type, one with Axs, and one I built up as a spare for when have guests, and that one I put on Shimano XT link glide.

I enjoy the AXS as it shifts the fastest, but the best shifting group is the XT link glide..... UP AND DOWN.
the T-type is sure footed but slow.

Next time round with the gen 4, I think I'll get the frame option and put on XT link glide. Let's hope they keep the cable ports unlike what they have done with the new stumpy.

It's the same as buying a new iPhone every year.... you think it will make a huge difference in your life but after a few weeks you realise its the same, that's how I feel about T-type

On that note and to keep it on topic.
Gen4:
New 110 motor.
BLuetooth remote. (Wireless)
New TCU screen
No sidearm
Higher capacity battery.

Madden126

Jul 8, 2024
-
Been riding my Gen 3 for the past 1.5 years and almost 5k KM on it, the idea of updating to a new Gen4 has been growing on me. Curious about what Specialized has to offer on its new version, especially after all the new goodies that were announced on that new DJI bike ...

OZI

Jan 4, 2024
Portugal
I asked another specialized dealer, and he said I have to wait at least until October for the new Levo. Anyway, at first they will only introduce the top-spec models.
Difficult/challenging times for the people responsible for developing the new Levo/Kenevo, new developments and new trends every 6 month.
IMO, Levo GEN4 should have 2 battery options, 600Wh and 800Wh, weigh around 20Kg (600Wh) and an EVO version with more travel weighing 22Kg. The motor should be smaller and more incorporated like the Cannondale Monterra SL or the AMFLOW. In the next 2 years, all brands will have 160mm/150mm models with these characteristics, or better.
Specialized will have to present something really special in September/October.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
I kind of agree with you.

I have 3 Levos , One with T-type, one with Axs, and one I built up as a spare for when have guests, and that one I put on Shimano XT link glide.

I enjoy the AXS as it shifts the fastest, but the best shifting group is the XT link glide..... UP AND DOWN.
the T-type is sure footed but slow.

Next time round with the gen 4, I think I'll get the frame option and put on XT link glide. Let's hope they keep the cable ports unlike what they have done with the new stumpy.

It's the same as buying a new iPhone every year.... you think it will make a huge difference in your life but after a few weeks you realise its the same, that's how I feel about T-type

On that note and to keep it on topic.
Gen4:
New 110 motor.
BLuetooth remote. (Wireless)
New TCU screen
No sidearm
Higher capacity battery.
I imagine they’ll be doing away with the shifter cable ports on the new Levo too, especially with SRAM releasing the S-1000 transmission. Now even the lowest spec “NX” bikes will be wireless. IMO, shimano needs to release a “real” wireless system if they want to stay relevant.

DuncanDoughnuts

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town/JHB/Rippon
I imagine they’ll be doing away with the shifter cable ports on the new Levo too, especially with SRAM releasing the S-1000 transmission. Now even the lowest spec “NX” bikes will be wireless. IMO, shimano needs to release a “real” wireless system if they want to stay relevant.
I suspect Spec know something.

Taking away the cable ports they intentionally exclude Shimnao from the party .... Unless Shimano is about to drop its own wireless UDH setup.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
I suspect Spec know something.

Taking away the cable ports they intentionally exclude Shimnao from the party .... Unless Shimano is about to drop its own wireless UDH setup.
The rumour is Shimano has a wireless set up that’s coming soon, supposed to be by the end of the year. I know some brands dropped Shimano all together and are exclusively SRAM now so Shimano has some catching up to do.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
interesting if they do the levo without cable ports where they done the sl2 with them.
The SL2 came out before SRAM released the S-1000 transmission, I think that was the deciding factor in getting rid of the shift cable ports on the new Stumpjumper. I see them going the same route though, carbon models will be wireless only and the eventual aluminium versions will have cable ports.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles