Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours

mrhaboobi

Sep 17, 2023
New Zealand
Base model alloy now has 700W battery, DB8 Brakes AND MM TCU.

Surely all they have done is take the old stock and stick and MM TCU and battery in them and repackaged?
yet keep hearing that MM TCU isnt compatible with the older alloy. ISNT or the just dont want it to be. bloody annoying,

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Base model alloy now has 700W battery, DB8 Brakes AND MM TCU.

Surely all they have done is take the old stock and stick and MM TCU and battery in them and repackaged?
yet keep hearing that MM TCU isnt compatible with the older alloy. ISNT or the just dont want it to be. bloody annoying,
Bought yesterday 2034 model alloy comp and that that has the MM TCU and the update Fox rhythm fork with the rounded arch, gloss lowers and bleed valves.

mrhaboobi

Sep 17, 2023
New Zealand
Bought yesterday 2034 model alloy comp and that that has the MM TCU and the update Fox rhythm fork with the rounded arch, gloss lowers and bleed valves.
Comp is not the base model alloy and has previously had mm tcu. The base alloy model has only had the non mm tcu but that’s changed now.

Miscel76

Oct 31, 2020
Melbourne
Maybe it is coming!!

IMG_3331.png

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
someone said in this thread (or maybe another)the emtbs follow the normal, but the rumour is the stumpjumper 25 is based on the same design as the levo sl2... what came first? the ebike or the egg? 😁

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
The new Levo will probably be even more versatile than the current one. If they follow the market trend, it will be configurable as a trail bike or a full enduro rocket. This would be possible with options for Mullet or 29" wheels, two battery sizes, and geometry adjustment (like the Gen3). The advantage of adjustability is that they can merge two models (Levo and Kenevo) into one.
I've seen on Instagram that some European Specialized dealers were invited to the presentation of new bikes. I guess Stumpjumper and Levo 2025... any news?

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
Stumpy will be announced on 2/7.
I don't think any dealers have seen the new Levo yet (should be out around Oct).

Apr 18, 2020
germany
The problem with the mgu is that it makes bikes way heavier. And I don't really experience the big problems everyone seems to have with traditional shifting in my riding. But I certainly notice if I'm riding a 23 or 26 kg bike.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
The problem with the mgu is that it makes bikes way heavier. And I don't really experience the big problems everyone seems to have with traditional shifting in my riding. But I certainly notice if I'm riding a 23 or 26 kg bike.
Is it really way heavier? I know the Nicolai is heavy around 27kg but it's a full Alu frame built like a tank and is massively big. It seems to "only" be about 1kg compared to similar Bosch/Yamaha alloy builds.

And then you take away 500g of cassette and derailleur from the rear wheel, which in my experience swapping to lighter wheels and casings, make a huge difference in how the bike rides.

Would need to test ride one first obviously, as the prices certainly only seem to keep getting higher.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
I think with the big battery and burly tires its even over 27 kg. The problem is that the current bikes around 25 kg are too heavy for my liking. So with bigger batteries and gearboxes we look at weights way beyond that and no matter the unsprung mass this rides not like a bicycle on trails. Like 2 kg makes a huge difference in my experience how the bike handles.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Since this Levo comp carbon is advertised as a 2025 model with minor updates compared to 2023 and there has been no 2024 model I 'm unsure there will be a G4 Levo in 2025.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
It could also be the case that because of the motor fiasco specialized sold less levos than anticipated while they ordered too much because of corona demand and they arrived too late while now demand is fizzling out. Introducing a new bike now would make it even harder to sell the existing stock.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
It could also be the case that because of the motor fiasco specialized sold less levos than anticipated while they ordered too much because of corona demand and they arrived too late while now demand is fizzling out. Introducing a new bike now would make it even harder to sell the existing stock.
Never heard of any eMTB without any "fiasco" so doubt that's the reason.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I heard stories people waiting several months for new Shimano motor, no thank you... Specialized will replace the motor from few hours to up to a several days or maybe up to a week in worst cases .... Would pick Spesh again even though the motors fiasco, I think no other motor gives you so natural riding feeling...

Marshall Willanholly

Subscriber
Oct 24, 2022
Oregon
Since this Levo comp carbon is advertised as a 2025 model with minor updates compared to 2023 and there has been no 2024 model I 'm unsure there will be a G4 Levo in 2025.

Maybe the new bike isn’t called a Levo

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles