Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours... And assorted random chat ....

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
I still think most the changes will be in motor/battery and frame design. The levos such a slim profile until you get to the motor, would be great if they could tidy up that area and make it a bit more slimline

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
It needs to be the suspension design. Shocks mounted on the top tube have higher standover hight. Suspension designs that use shock yokes put to much load on the shock. That big structure around the bb is highly affected by how the battery is removed. If battery removal is not necessary, then everything can be designed tighter and you use the hole that motor blocks for battery removal. That big structure on the Levo is so you can just slide the battery in and out of the frame.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Don't see any overstock of Wild's due to this,nor of Rises.
It's just a guess at this point but I do think Specialized will gain even more customers if the bike will be lighter and slimmer than lose them over a non removable battery.
Overstock has nothing to do about battery but future sales strategies. It speaks for itself not everyone have a power outlet in the garage or live on ground floor neither do they want to spend hundreds of dollars on a powerbank. I can't buy a bike without removable battery because I can't or want to carry the bike 8 floors 3 times a week but maybe it's just me.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
If you look at high end road race motorcycles, engine cases are part of the frame. At some point we could see e bikes doing this. The battery packs are limited by the shape and size of AA batteries ( that are the building blocks of most battery packs). If they pick another size or shape cell as a building block, battery pack shape and sizes could be very different. Right now the motor and battery packs are setting the shapes of the e bikes. If you change the motor design,you get bikes like the Rocky Mountain Altitude that can run a high pivot / idler rear suspension setup. I hope specialized comes out with something interesting but I will not be surprised about more of the same.

OZI

Jan 4, 2024
Portugal
New colors for the Specialized Turbo Levo Comp Carbon?

Captura de ecrã 2024-06-05 125653.png Captura de ecrã 2024-06-05 125705.png

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
UK is now showing new colours for Levo Alloy bikes as “2024” so I guess Gen4 is still a long way off as there is still loads of carbon bikes in stock.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Meanwhile back at the ranch - I am happy with 2024 Kenevo Comp - I wish it had a 700 though - Oh well, at least I am riding vs waiting for gen 4.
View attachment 141648
At least it didn’t come with the 2024 z1, fox really f-ed that fork up this year. You could always pickup a 700wh battery and sell your 500wh to someone that needs a spare to help cover the cost.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Mate , I’ve got one on my kenevo comp and get more range when riding with mates on 700w levo’s .

I haven’t seen one of those…. Good find but I would guess it would void your warranty as it’s not a specialized part. As for the range, I could go on about how batteries react near the end of charge and how batteries degrade with the number of charges. A 700wh battery has about the same total range as 2 batteries with a total with a total rating of 750 wh. If you are out ranging your friends with a 700 wh battery I would guess your friend is a big boy or his battery has more charges on it than yours. To many people think of a battery is like a gas tank, gas tanks don’t hold less fuel per filling. Gas tanks don’t have a life time reduction if you totally drain them, Batteries do. Just an fyi if you are riding your 500wh battery totally flat while your friend runs his 700wh battery down to 10%… his battery will last longer overall. This is the biggest reason I do not care for range extenders. Running a battery totally flat is just not good for it.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Running my 500w totally flat is the reason I got the extender . I did this ride last weekend and had over 30% left ;

IMG_3031.png

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Removable battery is a must if not they will lose a lot of customers like Orbea has done.
100%. Would not buy a bike with a fixed battery. Used 2x 700's yesterday.
Spesh nailed the battery design years ago. Relatively slim downtube, simple slide in battery with bolt unlike most others with daft locking mechanisms and big holes in the side or bottom of the frame to slot the battery in.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Don't see any overstock of Wild's due to this,nor of Rises.
It's just a guess at this point but I do think Specialized will gain even more customers if the bike will be lighter and slimmer than lose them over a non removable battery.
I wanted to buy a wild but skipped on it because of the non removable battery and got a Levo frameset (base carbon) for 4k.

The wild looks sleek but I often travel the alps spontaneously in my campervan which can charge the battery once or twice but its not enough with two bikes, the fridge and not enough driving/sun for the solar panels. So I often have to charge the battery in restaurants and on campsites which would be impossible or complicated with the wild. Because if I charge it in the van I often so so while driving to not stress the batteries too much and since the bikes are on the back and the converter in the front I would have to route cables to the back outside and then when it rains...

Also the weight of the Levo is very close to the rise. I have no frame weights but both bikes can be built up to weigh between 20 and 22 kg which is light ebike territory with a full power motor and range.

Sure the motor section looks bloated but I take that any day for charging the battery.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles