Levo dead

David2164

Jul 30, 2019
Barnsley
My new levo as no power to the on off button battery is full charged had no problems for the first two rides any ideas cheers

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
Is the battery securely fitted? Maybe try removing and reinserting it.

If no better, as its a new bike maybe its worth calling the supplier and asking them ??

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
yup - remove the battery, press the on/off button and hold down for about 10 seconds then replace the battery and turn on.
Have seen this on a Brose powered Levo, a Yamaha powered Giant and a Bosch powered Trek.

David2164

Jul 30, 2019
Barnsley
yup - remove the battery, press the on/off button and hold down for about 10 seconds then replace the battery and turn on.
Have seen this on a Brose powered Levo, a Yamaha powered Giant and a Bosch powered Trek.
Cheers will try

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Had you done anything at all; between when it last worked and discovered it not working?

Had you washed the bike?

Did you disconnect the plug to the battery? <-- eg. In order to charge the battery.
Or possibly bumped that motor power cable plug.
1. Disconnect and inspect plug connector, check that pins are clean and dry, and free of obstructions.
2. Refit motor power cable plug. Check that plug is properly seated.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
bike wash.jpg

MuddyFunster

Jul 7, 2019
Uk
OK,
As others have mentioned could be water ingress after you washed it (please tell me you didn't use a pressure washer :) )

I don't know your technical ability so; lay the bike gently on its side, charge port upper-most. Pop the battery charge cover off, remove the battery retaining bolt (6mm Allen Key). The battery slides out from the bottom of the tube. Once out blow both the connector and battery port with some canned air, compressor or as a last resort use your lungs (don't get any saliva in there) either way make sure it's nice and dry.

Re-fit and try again. If it doesn't work, remove the battery and place it in a warm area (wouldn't recommend an oven or airing cupboard. I would also move the whole bike into a warm area - the living room is great, but probably not best for relationship harmony. Leave overnight and try again in the morning.

Quick youtube vid on battery removal:
Good Luck!

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
I washed mine today and was then getting the red flashing error afterwards. Turned off made sure the connector was seated properly then turned back on all working fine again.
Expect this is a water ingress issue.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Hmm! can't wash your Levo then.

That's a bit of a problem here in the muddy UK.

Looks like I'll have to keep my Focus for the winters then if I go ahead and get a Levo next spring as planned and just use that as a summer bike.

David2164

Jul 30, 2019
Barnsley
I washed mine today and was then getting the red flashing error afterwards. Turned off made sure the connector was seated properly then turned back on all working fine again.
Expect this is a water ingress issue.
Mine did show a small re
Hmm! can't wash your Levo then. That's a bit of a problem here in the muddy UK.
Looks like I'll have to keep my Focus for the winter then if I go ahead and get a Levo next spring as planned.
i know it’s madness £4K for a off road bike you can’t wash

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
In Canada we get minus 40 so for 6 months i never wash a bike, just wipe the extra off. It becomes an habit so i never wash a bike. I never have problems that i created. Here we call them dirt bikes. If your mountain bike is not dirty, you got a lazy lemon. Return to shop immediately and exchange for a real one.

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
washed mine a few times no issues previously, just make sure the connector is in properly before you start.

David2164

Jul 30, 2019
Barnsley
Sounds like back to the dealer then unfortunately.
Spoke
spoke to them I have to wait a week for them to send me a box to send it back in then they will at it if they can’t find anything it will have to go back to specialized which can take up to ten week not bad for a two week old bike or I can take it to a bike shop that has the software to check it out at my cost

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Spoke

spoke to them I have to wait a week for them to send me a box to send it back in then they will at it if they can’t find anything it will have to go back to specialized which can take up to ten week not bad for a two week old bike or I can take it to a bike shop that has the software to check it out at my cost
I would ask for a refund. Then buy locally.

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
I wash my ebike normally, bounce of the excess water, hand dry with some drying cloths and some blasts from the compressor.. then a quick spray of contact cleaner on the bike contacts and battery contacts and leave to dry. I never power it on from the moment I start washing it until its clean dry. As long as it never sees power through the contacts when its wet it wont be an issue.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Depending on how it was washed there are 3 areas of possible water ingress...the battery to motor connector, the TCU, and the handlebar remote. Make sure all 3 are dry.
If you have no power and no fault indicator lights......and the problem only occurred after washing the bike, it does seem that water ingress is the most likely cause.
Have you tried connecting the charger and seeing what indications you get both on the charger and the battery?
PS...of course you can wash the bike. I have washed mine several times with no problem.....it should be washed with the battery in and the battery to motor connector securely connected. It is not advisable to use a pressure washer or indeed a garden hose on a strong setting...and that is not just about the potential for water to get forced past seals that protect those electronic components but virtually every bearing on the bike. They also only have rubber seals that cannot withstand strong direct water blasts. I wash my bike with a Mucoff, a bucket of water and a sponge.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles