LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey

I've been away for a few weeks and haven't been riding.... the weather hasn't helped either. Anyway, got out today to one of my local ride areas, known as Porridgepot. It's actually Area G2 in MOD parlance and there are firing ranges alongside.
The area is closed off for army training a lot of the time but today it was open. It also gave me a chance to scrub in some new tyres that I fitted a few days ago and have only done a few very short miles on..... the familiar combo of Schwalbe Magic Mary on the front and Big Betty on the back.... they were working well.

SouthCoastCube160

Apr 5, 2024
South East UK
This is my first attempt at creating a mini video of a weekend riding with the mrs , and not that type of riding calm down lads ?
Hope you enjoy
It’s filmed on a GoPro hero7
And the software used to create it was Filmora cheap and cheerful at £40 for the year
I did have to purchase a sound track separately copyright free to upload to YouTube
Hope this helps people to get out there and start filming.
It’s would be great to see what others have created and post here.
Keep riding and keep smiling ?????

[MEDI

This is my first attempt at creating a mini video of a weekend riding with the mrs , and not that type of riding calm down lads ?
Hope you enjoy
It’s filmed on a GoPro hero7
And the software used to create it was Filmora cheap and cheerful at £40 for the year
I did have to purchase a sound track separately copyright free to upload to YouTube
Hope this helps people to get out there and start filming.
It’s would be great to see what others have created and post here.
Keep riding and keep smiling ?????

good vid. Where was this filmed?

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
So a few months ago I decided attempting a 60-mile race with a frakton of climbing would be a GREAT IDEA. The Tour of the Gila is a UCI-sanctioned series of road races here in New Mexico, USA. I signed up for The Gila Monster and chose the Medio Fondo: 60 miles with 6575' of climbing. That's 97 km with 2004 m in non-Freedom units.

I figured, what the hell? All I can do is try. If nothing else, I'd aim for 40 miles since that's the daily goal for our bikepacking trip next month. Nothing like a trial by fire to test out your rig, gear, fitness, saddle crotch, and fortitude.

Am I in shape? Does round count as a shape? That means no, not really. So managing my 40-something-pound ebike and my fat ass up and down a few mountains was gonna be work, no matter how I looked at it.

BONUS: @laelwilcox rode the Gila Monster! Holy cow, it's not often you get to meet a modern-day heroine, but she is one. And also one of the smilingest humans you'll ever meet.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
sundays Trip to kielder
not as expected due to lots of trails being closed. Not that’s theres loads
But made the best of it and had a quality day as usual

Glad you enjoyed it lads..
Unfortunately as with most experienced riders who visit Kielder you've obviously deemed the blue ( Osprey trail) as something not worthy of your attention 😉 😁
While it's true that there is a lot of fire road to link up the sections ( and one section is currently diverted) the last few sections ( not talking Osprey Chick.. also good ) which drop down to the Lakeside Way from Hill361 through Squirrel Nut Pines contain some of the best ( and fastest ) singletrack sections in the entire forest ..
Give it a go next time 👍🏻

Last edited:

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Glad you enjoyed it lads..
Unfortunately as with most experienced riders who visit Kielder you've obviously deemed the blue ( Osprey trail) as something not worthy of your attention 😉 😁
While it's true that there is a lot of fire road to link up the sections ( and one section is currently diverted) the last few sections ( not talking Osprey Chick.. also good ) which drop down to the Lakeside Way from Hill361 through Squirrel Nut Pines contain some of the best ( and fastest ) singletrack sections in the entire forest ..
Give it a go next time 👍🏻

yeah will do
Not done the blue only just the section where you come of the black double section
where you can drop onto it from the fireroad
Been to kielder a fair few times and rode full red and black
Don’t think Iv ridden hill361 that I know off certainly never heard of it so will have a look for that section of trails (Easy to find?)

Next trip well have a look for some of the trails we ain’t rode
Was talking to the only other rider round the blacks he said there building some new trails I think where skydive (near the observatory is) I could be wrong on the area though
Also 5heres an off piste that comes off deadwater on the right coming down from the radar thing the super rough descent. That’s being turned into an official trail I also heard
I think it’s being used this Sunday in the northern downhill enduro that’s there

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Hill 361 is fairly easy to find ( although it's currently closed with diversions..however the sections beyond that where the real good stuff is .. and they are open ) ..it's those sections which are a bit of a ball ache to get to due to the fact it's on a mile or two forest roads ..but chill & spin and the "boredom"will be rewarded .
From what I've heard the trails near to Skydive are going to be a bit wider than normal to be able to accommodate riders with a disability in those three wheeled off-road full- sus bikes ( not sure exactly what they are called )..but its very forward thinking and will be a great addition to the trail network .
I'm not sure about the track off the top of Deadwater ..it is already part of the trail network ( although why that's graded black I've no idea ?)..but I have heard that a new downhill trail is being created on Deadwater which is supposed to be the longest DH track in England .
That's all unconfirmed ..so don't shoot the messenger 😁

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Hill 361 is fairly easy to find ( although it's currently closed with diversions..however the sections beyond that where the real good stuff is .. and they are open ) ..it's those sections which are a bit of a ball ache to get to due to the fact it's on a mile or two forest roads ..but chill & spin and the "boredom"will be rewarded .
From what I've heard the trails near to Skydive are going to be a bit wider than normal to be able to accommodate riders with a disability in those three wheeled off-road full- sus bikes ( not sure exactly what they are called )..but its very forward thinking and will be a great addition to the trail network .
I'm not sure about the track off the top of Deadwater ..it is already part of the trail network ( although why that's graded black I've no idea ?)..but I have heard that a new downhill trail is being created on Deadwater which is supposed to be the longest DH track in England .
That's all unconfirmed ..so don't shoot the messenger 😁

The trail of dead water is gnarly from what I’ve been told never ridden it but maybe next time
Grading dead water as black at the top if you ride it at 30mph it’s mental haha
And a blowout I just about saved it previous ride. It’s just a horrible slog up to the top

Hopefully the new trails will have something for everyone so so much they could do and get people up there as it’s out the way for most
Also the bike shop is being taken over by team cycles from team valley
I use them prices are decent hopefully have a bit better selection in the shop

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
It’s just a horrible slog up to the top
It is if you use the road ..but (ssshhh) it's a great climb up the down slope if you use it very early morning or late afternoon when the chances of seeing someone are virtually zero ..
I'm pleased that its Team Cycles who have won the tender ( not least because they are a Whyte main dealer) ..although I've had great service from Ian Bell ( a good mate) & the lads at The Bike Place over the years and wish Ian all the best in his retirement ( hopefully he has decided to upgrade to an ebike !) .

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
It is if you use the road ..but (ssshhh) it's a great climb up the down slope if you use it very early morning or late afternoon when the chances of seeing someone are virtually zero ..
I'm pleased that its Team Cycles who have won the tender ( not least because they are a Whyte main dealer) ..although I've had great service from Ian Bell ( a good mate) & the lads at The Bike Place over the years and wish Ian all the best in his retirement ( hopefully he has decided to upgrade to an ebike !) .
Haha 😝 never thought about climbing it 🫣

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles