LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Is that crankworx ? It looks like crankworx.
A local jump bike course Called 'Van road Trails' here in South Wales. There are about a dozen different runs from very tame to all out lunacy level. Maintained by volunteers and used by all sorts as it's free. . A great way to naturally progress. The top end jumps are insane in size. There's also a side by side slalom run with two parallel tracks For racing.
Also a good place to improve mtb skills like pumping and carving berms.

E675B969-EBB6-40B1-BE97-30752B0568D7.jpeg

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
A local jump bike course Called 'Van road Trails' here in South Wales. There are about a dozen different runs from very tame to all out lunacy level. Maintained by volunteers and used by all sorts as it's free. . A great way to naturally progress. The top end jumps are insane in size. There's also a side by side slalom run with two parallel tracks For racing.
Also a good place to improve mtb skills like pumping and carving berms.

View attachment 64553
That’s so well thought out, really is! Nice to see something so kid friendly too, near me it’s just panic stations watching the kids!

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
That’s so well thought out, really is! Nice to see something so kid friendly too, near me it’s just panic stations watching the kids!
Yeah, I found it by complete accident one day when out scouting for routes. I couldn't believe what I had stumbled upon. My kids call it the 'the bumps' , they nag me all week to go there so its become a fairly regular event on a Saturday morning.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
It's no secret that I don't really like riding Ebikes as much as l like riding normal bikes so please excuse the lack of motor (although TBF there was no real pedalling going on either )

First lift assisted DH day in almost 2 years
Mate you've got to just let go and relax ..remember speed is your friend ..??
Awesome footage ..?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Did see 2 Ebikes there today. With just the lower lift open the riders were using them to carry skis up the access road (above) the top chairlift station to then hike up to ski the last remaining snow. Pretty cool really.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Worked out a new route today - The "Three Hills Loop"™ covering Great Hill, Winter Hill and Darwen Hill in South Lancashire.

Just about 25 miles, just over 3200ft of climbing...

(about 15 mins)
Nice vid ..you can tell that you've ridden the majority more than once or twice ..instinctively knowing the best line ...
I felt your pain on those cobbles ...?

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
heres my offering from a coaching session I had yesterday, made plenty of rookie errors and was out of my comfort zones loads but happy I managed to (survive!) get through it! ?

I’ve made the video so I can learn a few editing skills for when I start to use my GoPro (bad luck charm!) again.

Each session really helps with progress

Obligatory Zimmerframesque off included!

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
heres my offering from a coaching session I had yesterday, made plenty of rookie errors and was out of my comfort zones loads but happy I managed to (survive!) get through it! ?

I’ve made the video so I can learn a few editing skills for when I start to use my GoPro (bad luck charm!) again.

Each session really helps with progress

Obligatory Zimmerframesque off included!

Was just thinking why are wearing the full face helmet then got to the last 10 seconds ??

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Was just thinking why are wearing the full face helmet then got to the last 10 seconds ??
The mtb gods were being kind to me on that occasion giving me a lovely soft surface to have a nice rest in!

I honestly had zero idea that was going to happen, zero, zilch, nada ?......people will soon understand why I ride like a sweaty Robocop!!!

The day I get to wear cool mtb gear is when I’m on Steve Peats level! ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Zimmerframe. Meant to say to you. The IGTV footage in my last post is from the insta360 GO2 mounted to the magnetic pendant but this time placed in the centre of my chest with a slightly tighter riding top (not actually new skool tight though). and the footage was just shot in pro video mode in a "press start and go" no planning sorta way.
stabilization in the open in good light is pretty good. but IMO it doesn't cope too well in low light. (fair enough really)
I meant to do chin mount and visor mount runs with the GO2 to compare as well but was having too much fun riding.
I'm still clueless using the app and on the drive home I stupidly deleted some awesome footage of a run where I rode at the back of a train with 4 mates all taking shady lines passing each other and switching position down the track.

I honestly don't know how mtb Youtubers still actually manage to enjoy biking with all the faff of preparation, packing and carrying their kit, remembering to actually use it, and monologue/narrate, shoot B-roll and selfie clips and then return to the chore of having to edit it all. I find all that seriously anti social and it just detracts from my rock n roll/playboy lifestyle. ;)

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
It's no secret that I don't really like riding Ebikes as much as l like riding normal bikes so please excuse the lack of motor (although TBF there was no real pedalling going on either )

First lift assisted DH day in almost 2 years

Holy hell! But, dumb question, why no gloves??

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Got a few minutes to kill?
Here's day 2 in normal format, with great weather and some great trails. a few minor issues and had to buy a new tyre today so I could ride properly after the issue in this video. So at least part of me is lighter :(
Now to start editing day 3's video.

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
Got a few minutes to kill?
Here's day 2 in normal format, with great weather and some great trails. a few minor issues and had to buy a new tyre today so I could ride properly after the issue in this video. So at least part of me is lighter :(
Now to start editing day 3's video.

Pretty awesome, man.

What app are you using to show the route progress and other data in the corners?

Last edited:

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Hauling down a couple of local spots for five minutes or so. Bit sweary, soz.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Gloves reduce feel @apac
And that reduces both control and enjoyment for me.
They're very seldom actually gripper (if you choose appropriate grips) and very seldom protective.
TBH I really shouldn't ever need to have to justify my choice not to wear them

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles