Let's see your bike cave

Geoffdy

Jul 6, 2021
Southam, Warwickshire
Hi all let's see some picks of your bike cave and tool set up here's some of my hideaway from her indoors.

IMG_20210405_154604.jpg

IMG_20210405_154600.jpg

IMG_20210405_154436.jpg

IMG_20210405_154423.jpg

IMG_20210405_154416.jpg

IMG_20210405_154356.jpg

IMG_20210405_154338.jpg

IMG_20210405_154328.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
This is probably a good place to put this. I've been procrastinating over building a new man/bike cave .. I can't decide if there's a perfect shape ? Square ? round ? Hexagonal ?

Or I convert something existing. Then I can't decide if I should have a high ceiling, a normal floor with overhead storage or a raised floor with secret under floor bike store (it's presently a swimming pool).

Will I just fill it all with crap and maybe smaller is better ?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
This is probably a good place to put this. I've been procrastinating over building a new man/bike cave .. I can't decide if there's a perfect shape ? Square ? round ? Hexagonal ?

Or I convert something existing. Then I can't decide if I should have a high ceiling, a normal floor with overhead storage or a raised floor with secret under floor bike store (it's presently a swimming pool).

Will I just fill it all with crap and maybe smaller is better ?

An underground dodecahedron with a hidden ground level entrance is what most *pro* mechanics do, and you want to be pro, don't you?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
An underground dodecahedron with a hidden ground level entrance is what most *pro* mechanics do, and you want to be pro, don't you?
How the hell do you make an underground dodecahedron and not fall over in it ?? I think I can manage an underground hexagon, but that's going to be pushing the limits :)

But if that's what is needed, then I'll go with your advice .....

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Behold the cave of doom. I know where EVERYTHING is. Might send this in to Doddy, see if I can break his customary impeccable politeness.

gvucI2HB.jpg large.jpg
lMWhekBw.jpg large.jpg
AgpdVOXD.jpg large.jpg
jRxLPKYb.jpg large.jpg

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
Mines like a bombsite at the moment. However, recently fitted an upright wall mount in the back corner which is a nice bit of kit and frees up a lot of space.
Got a second garage just going up on the side, so hopefully can turn that into a workshop and keep this one gym/bike based with turbo trainer, TV etc.
However, I suspect that I'll go in there and there will be industrial boxes of washing powder, kitchen roll, flower pots etc, just randomly planted in there on a weekly basis. Oh, and coats hanging off anything vertical. You know those things that women seem to have about 20 of :)

20160221_163108.jpg

TR5_20

Nov 22, 2020
Scotland
Mines like a bombsite at the moment. However, recently fitted an upright wall mount in the back corner which is a nice bit of kit and frees up a lot of space.
Got a second garage just going up on the side, so hopefully can turn that into a workshop and keep this one gym/bike based with turbo trainer, TV etc.
However, I suspect that I'll go in there and there will be industrial boxes of washing powder, kitchen roll, flower pots etc, just randomly planted in there on a weekly basis. Oh, and coats hanging off anything vertical. You know those things that women seem to have about 20 of :)

View attachment 67094
Nice RS….those were the days! ?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire

View attachment 67094
You've got to keep your retirement fund somewhere :D

Geoffdy

Jul 6, 2021
Southam, Warwickshire

View attachment 67094
RS LOVERLY ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles