Let’s See Your Strava Member Profile

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi

Just wondering where you fellow eBikers are from & give a chance to follow each others on Strava ?& share some riding.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Dont do Strava mate ..never have / never will ?
However if you want to venture up to N.W.Northumberland any time ..more than happy to show you around some tasty trails ..

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Hey, Jamie. Why doesn't someone put together an EMTB Forums Strava group?
It might be kind of cool to see what everyone else is up to.
I've been here for less than two months, so don't feel it's my place.
Why don't YOU do it? Or Rob can do it? Either way, someone needs to do it.

So Hodge, why not? Would it violate the terms of your agreement with the Witness Protection Program?
Too... slowwwww? ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Hey, Jamie. Why doesn't someone put together an EMTB Forums Strava group?
It might be kind of cool to see what everyone else is up to.
I've been here for less than two months, so don't feel it's my place.
Why don't YOU do it? Or Rob can do it? Either way, someone needs to do it.

So Hodge, why not? Would it violate the terms of your agreement with the Witness Protection Program?
Too... slowwwww? ?
Just not interested in racing around and couldnt really give a shit how fast anyone else is ..not particularly slow either for a 64 year old ..
However when I go out ..its probably for a different reason to yourself ..I like to visit different areas and its as much about taking in the scenery and having a full day out ..without having blinkers on and wondering if Im quicker than anyone else ..but each to their own eh?
I'll have to check with my minders to see if I'm violating any rules..but the mob havent caught up with me yet ??

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
No worries .... your link led to classics like this, which made me laugh :

Screenshot 2021-07-26 20.41.07.png

Or this masterpiece which should have been in Pic of the Day .

Screenshot 2021-07-26 20.41.37.png

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just not interested in racing around and couldnt really give a shit how fast anyone else is ..not particularly slow either for a 64 year old ..
However when I go out ..its probably for a different reason to yourself ..I like to visit different areas and its as much about taking in the scenery and having a full day out ..without having blinkers on and wondering if Im quicker than anyone else ..but each to their own eh?
I'll have to check with my minders to see if I'm violating any rules..but the mob havent caught up with me yet ??

I use Strava all the time but don’t use it as a racing / competitive app, never have, never will. It’s more of a personal blog of all your activities with photos. Just like what you use ‘Pic of the day’ for ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Like this ?

I joined that emtb Strava group when I first joined this forum, never looked at it since. I also picked one random stranger to follow at the time just to see how fast these eebs are moving on the trails etc. Little did I know at the time that the random stranger I chose to follow happened to be the most prolific user of this forum, you ?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Not intending to see how fast folk go its just really to see where people are from so maybe get a cycling buddy ?

I'm the guy who just followed you on Strava. First name's Rob and the avatar is the same as here. I use Strava to keep track of my miles and my elevation gain...

and...

dare I say it...

TIMES!

There. I'm out of the closet. What a relief.

As long as we're talking about times, I noticed a couple KOM's on your latest ride. Really, I don't know anything about English riding, so I had to check it out. What I found is there's a lady with the same last name as yours who is consistently faster. :D(y) Anyway, good on ya both.

Adios!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
A bunch of angry guys smashed that one to death Dom.
Luckily for their blood pressure most seem to have found the ignore function ;)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I know Strava's not everyone favourite thing .. even more so since they put the prices up .. but I just noticed that as well as being about to look at KOM's you can now also see Top 10's ... so at least they are still doing some development work.

1680593133489.png

Though the Global heat map is still one of the most useful things for finding trails if you do or don't use Strava.

The downside being that they don't decay in time, so you'll often find yourself on a "well used" trail, which hasn't actually been passable for 5 years ...

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I have mixed feelings about the use of Strava and since the price increase I’ve cancelled my yearly subscription. That global heat map thingy seems a little strange to me also.

There are many things on Strava that I don’t use. I also have my settings at “Friends Only” so my KOM’s don’t register but I occasionally compare my trail speeds with others. Some of those times are impressive.

The Beacon feature was an attractive draw but sometimes I just don’t want to be found. I have Find my Friends with my wife only so if anything happens she’ll be able to find my body. I activate Strava almost daily and my ride would notify anyone I’ve included on Beacon. I found that this was seldom used and was simply a distraction or a method of keeping track of my departure/arrival times.

I only have a handful of followers and I follow some with the same level of “experience” as me. But mostly I want to know where I was and how far I rode. I seldom look back at my stats.

About 20-25% of my time is spent fixing trails. At a certain point my Strava gps track looks like a ball of spaghetti. My followers have eventually figured out that it’s just Stihldog doing what Stihldog likes to do…fix stuff. 😉

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yup, likewise, sometimes it's interesting to know how far/high you went and also when you're riding somewhere you don't know - looking back to see where the hell you were ! :)

I quite like the global heatmap. I find it really useful for finding trails I had no idea existed and will normally use it before I ride somewhere new to get an idea of where the trails are (as most things aren't marked here).

In my early Strava days I found it to be a great way of finding trails and routes from people I was following - some of whom I had no idea who they were at the time, just that from their rides, they obviously knew there way around.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Thankfully this thread popped up, I need to get back in my Strava & join up with my E... I used it prolifgically to track my rides when I was road riding.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Having just recently mastered the skill of moving my computer mouse, I’m probably a few years away from being able to post my Strava stats.

But I can tell you that my stats are impressive when compared to my 4 month old granddaughter. 👍🏻

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles