Lens Protection Advice

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
My wife wears normal glasses and is looking for advice on what others do to protect those lenses while riding from grit and general damage on trails.
She does not want to go for the full goggles look as we don't do the downhill stuff just mainly XC

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
I have Adidas glasses with prescription insert, works very well.
Screen-Shot-2015-09-04-at-14.50.281.png

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I just wear normal glasses, if I crash hard enough to damage them, I'm probably more worried about the damage to my face. Grit has never been an issue, at least I've never noticed it compared to the wear and tear of life.

Other options:
- contact lenses, with some form of safety glasses (I wear Oakley transition sunglasses that go between clear and dark depending on lighting)
- specsavers do a range of prescription safety glasses that might be worth a look.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I wear normal prescription glasses during daily life, but have to say I find it nicest to switch to contact lenses when cycling or doing some other kind of active activity. Much easier when sweating a lot or during the rain. Plus can then wear whatever normal sunglasses you like.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I wear normal prescription glasses during daily life, but have to say I find it nicest to switch to contact lenses when cycling or doing some other kind of active activity. Much easier when sweating a lot or during the rain. Plus can then wear whatever normal sunglasses you like.

+1 - me too

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
They are anti-scratch. I was going to test the warranty last week but lost them at Dowies... :cry:

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
If you are close to them (IIRC they're off the M25 somewhere) then their showroom allows you to try on all their styles and get the best fit to your face.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles