Kiox routing issue mid ride

kipperkendall

Jun 23, 2023
England
I’ve got the Kiox working well using route directions, via the e-bike connect app. However, I’ve had an issue when mid Ride I’ve needed to restart the routing app. You are given an option to get directions to the start of the route OR start at the nearest point - which is what I want. But it doesn’t work and seems to re-route off the track.

Anyone else has this issue and found a way to resolve it?

Kduthler

Aug 12, 2023
France
Similar issue with my kiox using saved gpx files. When I select “start route on kiox” it directs me to the starting/ending point of gpx trace, instead of just following the trace of the saved route. Two weeks ago, it was fine. Not anymore. Makes me think it’s a software issue, not a user issue.

kipperkendall

Jun 23, 2023
England
Similar issue with my kiox using saved gpx files. When I select “start route on kiox” it directs me to the starting/ending point of gpx trace, instead of just following the trace of the saved route. Two weeks ago, it was fine. Not anymore. Makes me think it’s a software issue, not a user issue.

Agree. Mine was fine and now it’s a mess. Might try to mail them

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Have you guys installed the latest update ? I never had navigation enabled , but after the update the elevation stats are now working , they didn't before. Wondering if the navigation has been improved also ?

Kduthler

Aug 12, 2023
France
I think I’m up-to-date on both the display and the app. The kiox is running software version 4.04.0. The e-bike connect app is running 5.2.1.0

kipperkendall

Jun 23, 2023
England
I think I’m up-to-date on both the display and the app. The kiox is running software version 4.04.0. The e-bike connect app is running 5.2.1.0

I’m the same. I’ve messaged Bosch as it looks like the latest update screwed things up

Last edited:

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I've got the same issue. It pisses me off.
When I navigati it shows for 5 min on my kiox then the gps signal get lost. I've tried it all. Made sure location service is allways on, put the app in the list of non battery optimization apps and have no battery saving turned on

When the gps is gone and I open my phone the signal is instantly back.
I'm using an android phone.

Anyone got a solution?

Kduthler

Aug 12, 2023
France
I am not sure we have the same issue. I have recorded my screen here to demonstrate the issue that I am experiencing with the Bosch Knox and e-Bike Connect not navigating with imported gpx files. The Bosch e-Bike Connect navigates to the start of the gpx route instead of following the trace gpx file from the biker's current position.

I have been in contact with Bosch; however, they insist it is not an App bug; however, I have successfully followed gpx routes until the most recent App update in August 2023.

Feb 27, 2023
Teesside UK
I tried the Kiox for routing but wasn't impressed so fitted my trusty Wahoo on the top tube.

20230521_091453.jpg

kipperkendall

Jun 23, 2023
England
I am not sure we have the same issue. I have recorded my screen here to demonstrate the issue that I am experiencing with the Bosch Knox and e-Bike Connect not navigating with imported gpx files. The Bosch e-Bike Connect navigates to the start of the gpx route instead of following the trace gpx file from the biker's current position.

I have been in contact with Bosch; however, they insist it is not an App bug; however, I have successfully followed gpx routes until the most recent App update in August 2023.

Still waiting for a reply from Bosch. Might chase again. Frustrating as it was working well before

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
The only issue I still had with the elevation data was that I had to allow permission to Flow "all the time". If it was set to "only when using the app" , it would not show elevation consistently.

I guess Bosch are ensuring they get ALL of our data. 🤨

kipperkendall

Jun 23, 2023
England
GOOD NEWS
UPDATE FROM BOSCH

Our appropriate department states that we are aware of this issue and we are working on it in order to fix it. It will be fixed with a software update. However, we still don't have the release date but we will contact you as soon as we have received the release date.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
My problem is solved.

Erased my phone from the kiox display, reinstalled the bosch app.
Did a 103 km ride yesterday and not a single time connection got lost.

kipperkendall

Jun 23, 2023
England
My problem is solved.

Erased my phone from the kiox display, reinstalled the bosch app.
Did a 103 km ride yesterday and not a single time connection got lost.
Great. The main issue we have is the routing issue. Hopefully that will be resolved at some stage.

Kduthler

Aug 12, 2023
France
GOOD NEWS
UPDATE FROM BOSCH

Our appropriate department states that we are aware of this issue and we are working on it in order to fix it. It will be fixed with a software update. However, we still don't have the release date but we will contact you as soon as we have received the release date.
Great news. Good to see Bosch finally acknowledging the issue. Thank you for the update.

kipperkendall

Jun 23, 2023
England
Another update from Bosch. Great customer service.

Our appropriate department has confirmed that there will be a new software version for the eBike Connect App. Unfortunately we do not have information yet when the new version will be published exactly. However, with the new implementation in the revised Saved Routes menu, you will be able to select whether you want to be navigated to the start or destination of the route or start the route directly from your current position. We hope this will be a convenient solution for you.

Feb 27, 2023
Teesside UK
Another update from Bosch. Great customer service.

Our appropriate department has confirmed that there will be a new software version for the eBike Connect App. Unfortunately we do not have information yet when the new version will be published exactly. However, with the new implementation in the revised Saved Routes menu, you will be able to select whether you want to be navigated to the start or destination of the route or start the route directly from your current position. We hope this will be a convenient solution for you.
Literally just checked on Google Play and their was an update for the app.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles