Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo Expert 2023

blancysteve

Sep 7, 2020
IE
Might have to do with UK customs maybe.... Did you get a DHL tracking number?
When my bike arrived yesterday my order status on the IBK site was still "processing order" so that was a bit misleading.
I'm in Ireland so should be OK. The bike is somewhere in Holland according to the tracking. Delivery was originally due Monday. Fingers crossed it shows up this week.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
I'm still waiting, payed 5
Might have to do with UK customs maybe.... Did you get a DHL tracking number?
When my bike arrived yesterday my order status on the IBK site was still "processing order" so that was a bit misleading.
Unfortunately it is not a customs problem. I have also been waiting since April 5th, I have written several emails, they are waiting for the bikes from the factory. When I bought I thought they were available ready to ship, but instead...

StefanBatros

May 24, 2023
Romania
I'm still waiting, payed 5

Unfortunately it is not a customs problem. I have also been waiting since April 5th, I have written several emails, they are waiting for the bikes from the factory. When I bought I thought they were available ready to ship, but instead...
My order as well was placed, in April, the 11th, and the bike got here only 2 days ago. I guess the good news is they are shipping, but with delays.

Hope you get yours soon!

blancysteve

Sep 7, 2020
IE
Arrived Safe and Sound, prepped for a wet first ride tomorrow.

20240503_202421.jpg

Coldj

Jul 11, 2024
Sverige
Kenevo from IBK here aswell. Ordered in middle of May, arrived middle of June.

Awesome bike with good spec. I saw nothing close to this value when looking around for an emtb
1000027242.jpg

peterpeterson

Aug 21, 2024
Pol
Hi

I am coming from a 21 Cube Hybrid Stereo 160 TM.

I have ordered from

The attractive price was too good to pass up. I ordered an S4

Im 5, 11 , 90kg and do mainly bike parks & mountain riding with some technical trail centers.

They have upgraded the cranks (160), brakes & shock from last years model.

Any suggestions, tips & trick to dial this in?
How do You find S4 size - is IT OK or a little big?

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Hi!
I see You went with S3 - what is Your hight?
I am 182 cm dying to make a good decision here 🤦 asking as many as possibile 🫣👊
I reckon either s3 or s4 would be fine. Perhaps depends on the terrain and use.
Im more than happy on my s4 mullet at 6' after 4 years, but would like to compare it to an s3 with the same parts fitted, for my own interest.
I rode a stock s3 recently, so full 27.5 v mullet, air v coil etc and it felt totally different. More playful and flickable v my planted and stable.
If mulleting and overforking then the bike gets longer, so maybe an s3 would be better? Without riding both in the same config, back to back its impossible to say which would be the most suitable.
But ive never owned a bike for such a long time, so that probably says something.

Last edited:

peterpeterson

Aug 21, 2024
Pol
Agree, although demoing is not an option, as they are barely available 🤷
I considered mulleting, but tend to going full 29/29. My first bid was on S4, but after reading reviews, watching video's etc. I got to conclusion that shall consider S3.
Numbers of S4 with 500 mm reach are quite impresive 🫣🤣🤣

peterpeterson

Aug 21, 2024
Pol
I wish I could ... I noticed very short TT that is why S4 was/is my first choice. Going 29/29 theoretically will decrease reach to ca. 490.
I have similar in NS Define L and Trek Rail 9GX XL. Trek feels sometimes as its could be shorter, but mostly because od TT which is 27mm longer than on S4.
I got confused just because some 188+ cm guys ride S4 🤦🤦🤦

CJG

Sep 11, 2024
Spain
Hi All, looking at my first ebike and wondering how much difference there is between a modified Kenevo Expert and Crestline, Nicolai MGU, Pole etc. The priority is downhill performance and there seems to be some good second hand deals around for the Kenevo. Thanks!!

peterpeterson

Aug 21, 2024
Pol
So I am in the Kenevo 29er team 😉👊
Here in mullet option, as I am trying to find most suitable option, but two things I wanted to say:
1. Thanks for the inspiration and all support regarding size - I went with S3 and I can only say, that never felt better on a bike.
So - thank You all!
2. Wow ... it rides beyond my expactations!!
In general I am super excited and more than happy with this project!

PXL_20240914_053729014.MP.jpg PXL_20240914_083452878.jpg

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Do you know if the Turbo Kenevo is discontinued like in place of the SL? It has been weeks/months and I do not see anymore any offer on the Specialized website.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles