Jumping the rise

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
Just because you don’t like what he’s saying doesn’t mean he is wrong. If all you are looking for is answers that back up your theory as to why this is happening you may never find a solution.
I don’t mind his first post, I do mind repeated reams of keyboard battering on basically the exact same loud mouthed pig headedness. Oh could we have another picture of an orbea rise please? Like we don’t know what one of those looks like, (it’s hanging up in the garage) 🛎️

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Here's a curveball then

Rich is a telemetry/data guy and uses fangled technology to set up your suspension by multiple rides/track riding. He was the chief setup guy for GT Factory and is now at Scott as he does Ethan Craiks bike. The thing with using this is it removes all 'maybe' from your setup. You get a tonne of data about both ends of the bike and what's doing what and when. So you then know 100% your setup is correct.

Now maybe it is you, maybe it is the setup, or maybe it's the bikes fault... but at least this will give you an answer.

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
Many people who don't need to are giving up their time to provide help for you, but you are determined that the problem is anything but yourself or your bike. You are "in denial".

Don't bother to tell me to "fuck off", I'm out.
Very helpful 🖕🏻😀

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Jumps aren’t that big as I can’t get beyond this issue. The rise system weight might be the issue but…. .....
The 25 bike has vastly upgraded rear stays
Thinking further just wheelys it feels odd, I can keep it within a certain limit to the sides but quite often you just can’t get it back and have to put it down or fall sideways 😄
you wanted another view- based on what you said. I also think this is the wrong bike for you.

You don't define how big the jumps are but it sounds like you're bumping against the upper weight limit stated and also around the limit of type of riding Orbea probably consider it suitable for. That combination wouldn't be ideal on any frame.
It's not breaking (which is great ) but you're likely experiencing an extreme case of the flex that much lighter riders have noticed - remember the latest rise has added some weight to the frame and tweaked tube profiles to make the bike stiffer.

I'm not convinced the size of the bearings is the issue (I'm always amazed how small the bearings are on a lot of bikes) but no matter how much you upgrade any of the parts attached to it it's fundamentally a lightweight frame with quite small profile seat and chain stays.

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
I’m 6’4 and 240lbs riding an XL Rise and have no issues with the rear end kicking out on jumps 🤷‍♂️ and I’d venture to say I’m testing it…..
IMG_7126.png

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
I’m 6’4 and 240lbs riding an XL Rise and have no issues with the rear end kicking out on jumps 🤷‍♂️ and I’d venture to say I’m testing it….. View attachment 147321
I'm 80kg and notice the Rise having more flex than my previous Nicolai trail bikes, and my Nukeproof Mega.
You're 108kg. The OP is 120 if they're 19 stone.

Thats a seriously big gap - no idea where your landing is. Orbea has the rise as a ASTM cat 4 bike. I'm not sure how a 1.2m drop translates into jump sizes but I'd imagine if your bike broke on the jump above you'd not have much luck with a Warranty claim.

Screenshot 2024-09-28 at 16.30.11.png

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
I'm 80kg and notice the Rise having more flex than my previous Nicolai trail bikes, and my Nukeproof Mega.
You're 108kg. The OP is 120 if they're 19 stone.

Thats a seriously big gap - no idea where your landing is. Orbea has the rise as a ASTM cat 4 bike. I'm not sure how a 1.2m drop translates into jump sizes but I'd imagine if your bike broke on the jump above you'd not have much luck with a Warranty claim.

View attachment 147322
In terms of height not distance. No?
But this is really my point. There’s nothing I’m doing outside the manufacturers spec

Fully aware of the 24 bikes upgrades
Esp the rear end so some form of flex is to be expected, however it’s viewed, the bike is within spec as is the rider weight. Sending it, simply isn’t working at the moment as your first baby steps into jumping simply don’t work , I’m nowhere near that level, 2 feet and a big squew to the side

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Bob, it's either technique or setup.

You already said your other bike doesn't have the same issue so that's leaning towards the setup on the Rise.

Try either more air or less rebound to get you in the air easier. You'll need to put less body movement in which should make you more stable at take off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles