Jumping the rise

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
Just because you don’t like what he’s saying doesn’t mean he is wrong. If all you are looking for is answers that back up your theory as to why this is happening you may never find a solution.
I don’t mind his first post, I do mind repeated reams of keyboard battering on basically the exact same loud mouthed pig headedness. Oh could we have another picture of an orbea rise please? Like we don’t know what one of those looks like, (it’s hanging up in the garage) 🛎️

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Here's a curveball then

Rich is a telemetry/data guy and uses fangled technology to set up your suspension by multiple rides/track riding. He was the chief setup guy for GT Factory and is now at Scott as he does Ethan Craiks bike. The thing with using this is it removes all 'maybe' from your setup. You get a tonne of data about both ends of the bike and what's doing what and when. So you then know 100% your setup is correct.

Now maybe it is you, maybe it is the setup, or maybe it's the bikes fault... but at least this will give you an answer.

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Jumps aren’t that big as I can’t get beyond this issue. The rise system weight might be the issue but…. .....
The 25 bike has vastly upgraded rear stays
Thinking further just wheelys it feels odd, I can keep it within a certain limit to the sides but quite often you just can’t get it back and have to put it down or fall sideways 😄
you wanted another view- based on what you said. I also think this is the wrong bike for you.

You don't define how big the jumps are but it sounds like you're bumping against the upper weight limit stated and also around the limit of type of riding Orbea probably consider it suitable for. That combination wouldn't be ideal on any frame.
It's not breaking (which is great ) but you're likely experiencing an extreme case of the flex that much lighter riders have noticed - remember the latest rise has added some weight to the frame and tweaked tube profiles to make the bike stiffer.

I'm not convinced the size of the bearings is the issue (I'm always amazed how small the bearings are on a lot of bikes) but no matter how much you upgrade any of the parts attached to it it's fundamentally a lightweight frame with quite small profile seat and chain stays.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles