Im trying to figure something out with a backup wheel setup.

Iggy_BBR

Mar 28, 2020
Bronx, NY
Been planning on getting a second wheels for riding in urban city riding and tours. Currently have a set Bontrager Line Elite (Carbon) wheels with a Minion DHF 2.5”, Aggressor 2.5” and Tannus Tubeless Armor. These are great on dirt, but sprints on the pavement is a drag. Recently picked up a new rear Bontrager Line Comp wheel, since the previous one was sacrificed for another project. Also got a set of Continental CrossKing 2.3”, to match up with the Line Comp wheels.

But then I got to thinking, maybe I should build up the CrossKings with Line Elite & Tannus Tubeless Armor for fast rolling wheels. And Stick the Minion and Agressor tires on the Line Comp wheels, for the heavy set for bashing days.

Or should I keep my current wheels (2.5" on Carbon w/ inserts) as is and just build up the new set (2.3" on alloy, no inserts).

What you think and suggest?

Iggy_BBR

Mar 28, 2020
Bronx, NY
Actually they’re pretty decent, I rode the Alloy version almost for a year, before upgrading to the carbon versions. The major difference I found was that Carbon version was much stiffer, especially on the trails.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles