How many chain links with AXS on Rise

Francis1

Mar 6, 2022
Italy
I’m moving to axs with Sram cassette and chain. I already have ttx coil shock so it’s not so quick to calibrate the right chain lenght unloading shock.
Anyone know how many links needed for the right chain lenght with Sram cassette and chain?

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
I don’t think anyone can answer that as every bike is different but as a guide I would use same links as you now unless you you are running a different cassette or front chain ring axs is same as normal rear mech just without cables
You will love the axs once fitted

Francis1

Mar 6, 2022
Italy
I don’t think anyone can answer that as every bike is different but as a guide I would use same links as you now unless you you are running a different cassette or front chain ring axs is same as normal rear mech just without cables
You will love the axs once fitted

thanks for your advice…
We are in Orbea section but I forgot to specify that I’m talking about Rise….talking about Rise we all have same chainstay, same chainring, same suspension travel….so i think right number of links with axs set can be only one….

Last edited:

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
I have a Large frame with all SRAM AXS 10-50t @118 links. Same as the stock XT/ SLX set up. The chain rubs the chain stay protector in the smallest gear, but it’s normal for this bike and I don’t think that there’s a way around this. 118 links definitely isn’t too short n the 50t.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I have a carbon XL model and when changing from the xtr mech to the axs mech I had to remove 4 links as the chain was dragging on the chain stay when In the lowest gear

couldn’t tell you how many links are in the chain now but it was the standard chain with now 4 links removed

Francis1

Mar 6, 2022
Italy
I have a Large frame with all SRAM AXS 10-50t @118 links. Same as the stock XT/ SLX set up. The chain rubs the chain stay protector in the smallest gear, but it’s normal for this bike and I don’t think that there’s a way around this. 118 links definitely isn’t too short n the 50t.

Do you think going to 117 or 116 links could solve the problem?

Francis1

Mar 6, 2022
Italy
I have a carbon XL model and when changing from the xtr mech to the axs mech I had to remove 4 links as the chain was dragging on the chain stay when In the lowest gear

couldn’t tell you how many links are in the chain now but it was the standard chain with now 4 links removed

is not too short now?

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Don't go on how many links other people have just do it as per Srams instructions.

Screenshot_20220307-082523_Office.jpg

Francis1

Mar 6, 2022
Italy
Don't go on how many links other people have just do it as per Srams instructions.

View attachment 83450

I know sram instructions.....but as I say in the first post, I mount a ttx coil shock so I have to disassemble shock and coil to do the right meseaure and it's not so "comfortable" as deflate air from an air shock.....so i was looking for the right size online because lot of people have already mounted sram axs.....

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
I know sram instructions.....but as I say in the first post, I mount a ttx coil shock so I have to disassemble shock and coil to do the right meseaure and it's not so "comfortable" as deflate air from an air shock.....so i was looking for the right size online because lot of people have already mounted sram axs.....
I still wouldn't go on how many links other people have. Just go 1 extra to what sram say then take it from there. Can't say I've ever messed about compressing shocks to fit a chain and never had any problems

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles