Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Good find mate bike inn have them 48 quid fir the 203mm

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Pivot shuttle has them fitted as stock, so why not put a shout out on the Forum to an owner to see if they can measure it up. Looks to me like the location replicates a bolt mount

p5pb15110021.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
yes but the magnet location is the same on all of their rotors, so its irrelevant which rotor you get the measurement from, only that it is an ebike variant

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Pivot shuttle has them fitted as stock, so why not put a shout out on the Forum to an owner to see if they can measure it up. Looks to me like the location replicates a bolt mount

View attachment 6536
Ah crap, rode with kangr yesterday who has a shuttle. So what's the measurement I need?

I've got to get this sorted asap as the bikes now has no wheels and is off the road. It's not just my bike, it's also my car and only mode of transport.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
What kind of glue did you use?
I used a strong neodymium magnet with no adhesive for several months, and it held tight (did carry a spare just in case). Recently added some JB Weld epoxy around it, not between the magnet and rotor, to make sure it didn't shift or get knocked off if something along the trail happened to hit it. (The epoxy is the ugly gray stuff in the photo.)

Last edited:

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
so from what ive researched, centerlock is a shimano invention so i have never seen sram cl rotors. the adapter works for both turbo levo and kenevo as they share the same geometry for the magnet sensor. this is confirmed with my LBS.

This adapter only works with 203mm Shimano XTR SM-RT99 Ice Tech Rotors. Both parts are made out of 6061-T6 aluminum and have a Type II black anodized coating and are held together with Black Torx T15 screws made out of ultra corrosion resistant steel. the magnet is a neodymium N45 strength that is pressed in. the adapter is removable and requires no drilling or glue.

View attachment 6526

View attachment 6525

View attachment 6527

View attachment 6528

View attachment 6529

View attachment 6530

View attachment 6531

This seems the neatest solution of all, where did you get that from? Got a link?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Thing is they do have a built in magnet, but no-one seems to know if it'll work. And it's £70 plus a £5 mount adaptor. Quite an expensive "suck it and see".

You should sell those!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thing is they do have a built in magnet, but no-one seems to know if it'll work. And it's £70 plus a £5 mount adaptor. Quite an expensive "suck it and see".

You should sell those!
You need to phone a Pivot dealer and ask them to measure the distance from the centre of the hub to the magnet on a Shuttle, or ask a member on here to do the same.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I've lost myself in this thread, so i think my options are:

1) 2x Shimano Adapters £22, magnet(£?), 2 part epoxy £5.
2) Freeza EM900 rotor (£70), Mount (£5), Matching front rotor £30 (OCD). Total - £105
* can sell existing rotors but no-one know if this works*
3) Problem Solvers adaptor £35 (plus duty?). Takes 2 weeks to get here. No UK/EU stockists.
* 2nd best looking and will deffo work*
4) 2x SRAM 200 CL Rotors £90, magnet(£?), 2 part epoxy £5
* best looking as magnet can go in exact spot required too, can't get them until next week :confused:*

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Did a little magnet test tonight. And everything was unsuccessful. :(

Had some magnets lying around, they were clearly not as strong as the wee disc one from trying on the rotor. They were about 30x20x5mm rectangles.
Test 1: I couldn't get them close enough to the centre for the wheel to rotate.
Test 2: So i tried them on the rear of the disc. Which saw them closer to centre and no problems rotating. Motor cut out after about 10m.
Test 3: Existing bracket/magnet on rear of disc, same as above, wheels rotates, motor cuts out.
Test 4: As close to centre as possible. Wheel rotates, but it is still no in the position it would be because of the centrelock lock ring. Motor cut out again.

Oh dear!

The problem is that i can get the magnet closer to the lock ring, but it's on a cut out of the rotor, so nothing to glue too. Otherwise the next closest position would mean it's a bit further away than originally.

Wish i could get hold of one of those Shimano EM900/800 rotors to try.

So i've 2x Shimano adapters arriving tomorrow on Next Day. Let's see what happens. If i can't ride my bike this weekend i'm gonna be pissed off.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Have you looked to see if you can move the sensor up the chainstay a bit might give more leeway on magnet position

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Have you looked to see if you can move the sensor up the chainstay a bit might give more leeway on magnet position
It's screwed in to the inside end of the chain stay and sits underneath. Leaving everything standard, the magnet doesn't currently pass the sensor, which I thought weird.

Let's see what tomorrow and Friday brings.... Hopefully a solution.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Hi mate, where can i get one/two of these magnets from? Are they a special item or can you pick up most places (screwfix/b&q)
Rare earth magnets (30 MGOe to 55 MGOe) are plenty strong enough to stay on a steel rotor even without epoxy support. I bought several types and sizes (they're inexpensive and fun to have!) and settled on the 10mm x 3mm Nd42 (shown in the pic). No need to move the sensor. A Google search should return several suppliers to choose from.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles