Help finding 200mm Centrelock Sram rotors in stock

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
if you are thinking about fitting them to your levo the rear will not allow you to fit the magnet somebody on here showed a picture of a workaround though but just saying!

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Oh shit, this is something i know nothing about. Yeah it's to fit on the levo. The magnet i take it is for the motor etc. Does that fit in the 6-bolt gap then? Do you know if it would work with a 6-bolt to CL adaptor, or the same issue?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Oh shit, this is something i know nothing about. Yeah it's to fit on the levo. The magnet i take it is for the motor etc. Does that fit in the 6-bolt gap then? Do you know if it would work with a 6-bolt to CL adaptor or the same issue?
its bolted on with two of the disc retaining bolts and as far as I know you cant use an adaptor the lockring to hold the adapter on to the wheel cover over the bolts that hold the disc to the adaptor
i saw a picture of a magnet mounted directly to the disc with glue but personally, I would not trust that
the magnet is for speed sensing, the sensor is in a "pocket" on the inside of the chainstay, if they dont line up the bike wont run

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Oh shit, this is something i know nothing about. Yeah it's to fit on the levo. The magnet i take it is for the motor etc. Does that fit in the 6-bolt gap then? Do you know if it would work with a 6-bolt to CL adaptor or the same issue?
its bolted on with two of the disc retaining bolts and as far as I know you cant use an adaptor the lockring to hold the adapter on to the wheel cover over the bolts that hold the disc to the adaptor
i saw a picture of a magnet mounted directly to the disc with glue but personally, I would not trust that
the magnet is for speed sensing, the sensor is in a "pocket" on the inside of the chainstay, if they dont line up the bike wont run
Thanks for the info. Is there a thread or pics on the glue hack? I can't afford a new hub £240 and wheel build.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
well I have seen one disc adapter on ebay that might work so its worth doing a search, you need one where the bolts that hold the disc to the adapter are not covered so you can bolt the magnet to it
I ended up swapping my dtswiss wheels I had bought for something else so I learned this the hard way!!

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Thanks for the info. Is there a thread or pics on the glue hack? I can't afford a new hub £240 and wheel build.
its on the forum somewhere but I may be wrong here but if you dont get the magnet in the right place your speed cutoff point may change the bike works out how fast you are going by the number of times the magnet passes over the sensor in a given time if you move the magnet out a bit you essentially slow the pass time down a bit because the circumference is bigger.
probably wont make any difference even if im right but its worth it to consider

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Thanks for the info guys. Spesh said they saw no problem glueing, but wouldn't do it for me. I'll try find that adaptor on eBay too.

What a faff. Learn something new every day

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
If you have a hub with center lock and want to use a 6 hole disk this is the adapter. Furthermore you will be able to mount the stock magnet to the disk and don’t have to glue another magnet. If that magnet fell off you will loose your engine support immediately.

Karsten

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
If you have a hub with center lock and want to use a 6 hole disk this is the adapter. Furthermore you will be able to mount the stock magnet to the disk and don’t have to glue another magnet. If that magnet fell off you will loose your engine support immediately.

Karsten
Brilliant. Thanks for that. Now I've just got to find a UK stockist and similar supplier.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Will I need this or can I remove the one that's on there.

Sorry so many questions. I don't have the bike to look at.
Yes, it’s mounted together with 2 of the 6 bolts holding the disk. Very obvious when you have the wheel in front of you.

I have 2 set of wheels to my Levo so I bought extra disks, magnet and cassette so I don’t have to move all that every time I change wheels.

Karsten

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
on some adapters, the locking ring either covers the bolts or the rotor sits on pins and the locking ring holds it all together.
the one that Karsten found looks as though the bolt holes are outside the locking ring
Jenson will ship to the USA
these are the guys that make the product
Products | Problem Solvers
they may have a dealer in the UK. wish I had seen that one when I was struggling with my dtswiss wheels

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
What about this type of adapter and then a 6 hole 200mm disk:

Problem Solvers Centerlock Adaptor | Jenson USA

Karsten
yes that one looks like it would work
How is the problem solver one different to the superstar one?

Centrelock Adaptor - Superstar Components

IMG_20181018_173114.jpeg

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
It says the bro380 is not suitable fir dtswiss hubs and the bro381 is sold out

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
... I may be wrong here but if you dont get the magnet in the right place your speed cutoff point may change the bike works out how fast you are going by the number of times the magnet passes over the sensor in a given time if you move the magnet out a bit you essentially slow the pass time down a bit because the circumference is bigger. probably wont make any difference even if im right but its worth it to consider
I've assumed that the sensor works on a principle similar to the old types we used to use on the front wheel with non-GPS cycle computers and a magnet attached to a spoke, i.e., it just picks up a signal on each revolution, counts revolutions per min, and calculates speed based on wheel diameter. Thus, it doesn't matter whether the magnet goes by slowly or rapidly, the exact position on the wheel (or rotor) not being critical. We would simply adjust the magnet location to position it close enough to the fork for the sensor to pick up a signal. If the magnet position and the speed it went by the sensor were critical we could easily "hack" the Levo system to increase the top speed allowed!

To All Mtn Coach and others interested in using center lock hubs - you can just stick a magnet on a steel disc and go. If you want to use CL hubs with a 6-bolt rotor just use the Shimano SM-RTAD05 Disc Rotor Adaptor. See post #6 in this thread for a photo:
29" wheels on 2018 Levo Comp Carbon - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I've assumed that the sensor works on a principle similar to the old types we used to use on the front wheel with non-GPS cycle computers and a magnet attached to a spoke, i.e., it just picks up a signal on each revolution, counts revolutions per min, and calculates speed based on wheel diameter. Thus, it doesn't matter whether the magnet goes by slowly or rapidly, the exact position on the wheel (or rotor) not being critical. We would simply adjust the magnet location to position it close enough to the fork for the sensor to pick up a signal. If the magnet position and the speed it went by the sensor were critical we could easily "hack" the Levo system to increase the top speed allowed!

To All Mtn Coach and others interested in using center lock hubs - you can just stick a magnet on a steel disc and go. If you want to use CL hubs with a 6-bolt rotor just use the Shimano SM-RTAD05 Disc Rotor Adaptor. See post #6 in this thread for a photo:
29" wheels on 2018 Levo Comp Carbon - EMTB Forums
Well im not sure but speed hacks sre done by altering wheelsize in software (making it smaller) in the extreme there was a guy who moved the sensor from the back of the bike to the front end of the chainstay and fitted the magnet to the inside of the crank arm, this removed the speed limit so passing the magnet over the sensor at a slower speed had an effect so my thinking was increasing the circumference of travel of the magnet by moving it further away from its origional postion would have a similar effect
But im just gessing here

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
hey guys i have a workaround for this issue. i only found out about the magnet after i had ordered enve m700E with CL hubs. spent $3k on the wheels and realized i had to run a shit 6-bolt rotor with them.

View attachment 6509

ill post pics of the adapter later.
I look forward to your response. As my bike will be off the road until I can get a work around

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles