Have a feeling I won't be riding my bike any time soon >.>

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
My own experience of Cube is terrible, quite easily the worst bike company i've had a warranty through in over 20 years of riding, i bought my 160 TM back in May, it's been broken since June and by the sounds of it, Cube rarely spend much time assisting this warranty, will be looking for a refund on Monday and looking at another bike company, feel bad for the company i bought through as they just appear to send emails into the Cube black hole, or wait for call backs.

JimB

Jul 19, 2019
Basingstoke
I got mine from Evans cycles, on the ride to work scheme. I’ll also be asking for a refund if they don’t fix it pronto.

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
I got mine from Evans cycles, on the ride to work scheme. I’ll also be asking for a refund if they don’t fix it pronto.

Good luck, i'm past caring about this bike now, even if they finally fixed it, honestly it was bought for summer and it's lost the last 3 months of good weather.

JimB

Jul 19, 2019
Basingstoke
Good luck, i'm past caring about this bike now, even if they finally fixed it, honestly it was bought for summer and it's lost the last 3 months of good weather.
That a shame, I’ve loved the summer under lockdown. I still ride in the autumn and winter, luckily I have another bike so they can keep it until it sorted or I get a refund.

tartu71

Aug 4, 2020
EE
I finally got my replacement frame for Cube 160. Took 2 months and constant mail bombing the reseller. Let's see if that frame lasts any longer...

JimB

Jul 19, 2019
Basingstoke
I finally got my replacement frame for Cube 160. Took 2 months and constant mail bombing the reseller. Let's see if that frame lasts any longer...

i’ve just dropped mine off at the dealers today, fingers crossed, it will be just a few loose bolts and nothing sinister making the bottom bracket creak.

JimB

Jul 19, 2019
Basingstoke

I took mine in to Evans on Monday with creaking noise from the bottom bracket. Today I get the call, after tightening the motor mount bolts the creaking was still there. They dropped the motor out, and found the small bolts on mounting bracket to motor were loose.The bad news is, one of the motor mount holes in the frame is trashed, so the frame is going back to Cube for warranty repair.???

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I was so very close to buying Cube until a bike mechanic warned me about the issues so I opted for an Orbea Wild H30 even with lessor specs.....but I’m sure something will come up

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
I took mine in to Evans on Monday with creaking noise from the bottom bracket. Today I get the call, after tightening the motor mount bolts the creaking was still there. They dropped the motor out, and found the small bolts on mounting bracket to motor were loose.The bad news is, one of the motor mount holes in the frame is trashed, so the frame is going back to Cube for warranty repair.???

Hope it goes well, after 3 months of waiting for the repair i ended up getting a refund, will definitely not look at Cube in the future.

JimB

Jul 19, 2019
Basingstoke
Fingers crossed, I’ll get a speedy response. If I have to wait more than 4 weeks I’ll be asking for a refund. Evans are a big outfit, they may have some clout and be able to push cube for a speedy response.

Phal44

Jul 5, 2020
South East
Thought I'd post a quick update (albeit, a bit late!). I ended up dropping my bike back off at the shop. It was a fairly long drive but seemed less hassle than trying to box it up and paying for shipping.

I had just told the shop about the squeaking/creaking coming from down there but they didn't spot anything at first. I asked they specifically look at the frame near the mounting bolts as I'd seen others having issues with this while researching online. They then later confirmed the frame appeared to be damaged.

They logged an RMA with Cube and, after a while, Cube said they needed to see the frame themselves... The shop shipped it to Germany and Cube did eventually replace the frame. As it was less than a year old, the shop did the labour to transfer all the parts for free and I just paid for having it shipped back to me.

I later asked the shop to clarify what the correct torque was for those large motor mount bolts. I was told 11nm for the large bolts that go through the frame to the motor brackets and then 6nm for the smaller bolts that hold the brackets to the motor casing itself. It would be nice if these figures were just listed online somewhere...

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Did you call Hargroves Cycles and tell them that 30nm Is a crazy torque for these bolts going in carbon? It was always going to crush it at this. Very poor advice from a bike shop. You could have saved all that hassle if Cube put the torque numbers on the website though.

I just bought a Cube (and have a Felt and a Scott already) and have researched lots of brands and to be honest ignored most of the reports of issues with them all as all bike manufacturers will have problems and you can search online and find "multiple cases" of the issues for them all. It's a minefield for this stuff on forums. I have had probably 8 different manufacturer bike in last 15 years and none of them were "perfect" and some were "not good", some were from LBS and some were Online, but found no correlation to "good or bad" bikes.

It is good to see you got it resolved in the end

Phal44

Jul 5, 2020
South East
Did you call Hargroves Cycles and tell them that 30nm Is a crazy torque for these bolts going in carbon? It was always going to crush it at this. Very poor advice from a bike shop. You could have saved all that hassle if Cube put the torque numbers on the website though.

I just bought a Cube (and have a Felt and a Scott already) and have researched lots of brands and to be honest ignored most of the reports of issues with them all as all bike manufacturers will have problems and you can search online and find "multiple cases" of the issues for them all. It's a minefield for this stuff on forums. I have had probably 8 different manufacturer bike in last 15 years and none of them were "perfect" and some were "not good", some were from LBS and some were Online, but found no correlation to "good or bad" bikes.

It is good to see you got it resolved in the end

Yeah, if you look around long enough, you'll probably find horror stories for any brand so you have to bear that in mind when researching for a new purchase.

The main reason I probably wouldn't buy from Cube ever again was the customer service (complete lack of). The fact they don't publish the torque requirements online is another smaller reason but I really can't get over their inability to answer an email lol :S

I haven't called Hargroves either since I never took the name of the person I spoke to anyway.

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
I will be putting frame perfection on over the week/weekend, thinking I will check these bolts for the correct torque. I would like to feel the the loosening torque on all the bolts around this area and then put some thread lock on them. I normally give a once over on acoustic bikes I buy anyway for important bolts before first spin into the mountains, I have had a few loose bolts in the past on delivery. I might take some photo's and measurements and put here if anyone is interested.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles