Hardtail with shimano motor?

HampshireSam

Jan 17, 2020
Hampshire
Which hardtails use the shimano motor with the e8010 battery?
I've got a vitus e-sommet and looking to get my partner a bike, makes sense to get one that uses the same battery.
Only one I can find is the vitus e-sentier.
Thanks in advance

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Do you want a specifically want a hardtail EMTB, or just another general Ebike that use the same battery?

HampshireSam

Jan 17, 2020
Hampshire
Do you want a specifically want a hardtail EMTB, or just another general Ebike that use the same battery?
It's for my partner so when out with her we would only be on leisurely bike rides no trails so to speak so definitely no need for any rear suspension. With a budget of around 2k that rules out full sus anyways.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ok - there are several "hybrid" bikes that also use the system, but they may not fit in at that budget. The Thok is a good shout - I have the E-Sentier and the E-Sommett, the E-Sentier is a great bike, though when I got it they did a VR version with e8000 motor, and xt component, basically same spec as the E-Sommett VR, whereas the current version is a more basic, but still good.

However the best equipped budget hardtail is probably the Vodoo Bizango hardtail, as this uses the e8000 motor, whereas most use the e7000. It is on offer for 2199 right now

Voodoo Bizango-E Shimano E8000 Electric Mountain Bike | Halfords UK

HampshireSam

Jan 17, 2020
Hampshire
@R120 thankyou very much for all of your replies! Very much appreciated. Unfortunately the diamondback would be too big.
Chain reaction had the e-sentier vr @ £2199 last week but no medium annoyingly.
I'll keep my eye out for sales on all of the above as there's no rush at the moment.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles