Haibike LYKE - Show and tell!

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
It lost communication with the speed sensor so after a few minutes I got yellow led’s followed by total loss of power, this was fixed by replacing the plastic speed sensor cover with the newer version that Santa Cruz have designed, apparently the old version was too thick…. Which is a bit crazy tbh.

Whilst the bike was in the shop it developed a new fault which doesn’t allow it to be turned off, it turns on, changes assist mode, and resets but doesn’t turn off. The shop have replaced the ring controller…. No change. They are now waiting for a new led hub to be delivered to try that.

I am very close to requesting a full refund and getting an orbea rise, best part of £10k and I’ve covered about 30 miles on it in nearly a month owning it. Fed up!

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
See above…. Forgot to reply 🤦🏻‍♂️
Mate that is crazy. You’ve got more patience’s than I have. That would have been a return/replacement in seconds if it had been me. I don’t get why it’s taking so long when FAZUA parts are readily available. Ok I get the speed sensor thing as it’s sounds like that’s a Santa Cruz thing, but all the other bits can be got. Chuck it back and take your money elsewhere, could always buy a Lyke and have 5k in change 😝

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Mate that is crazy. You’ve got more patience’s than I have. That would have been a return/replacement in seconds if it had been me. I don’t get why it’s taking so long when FAZUA parts are readily available. Ok I get the speed sensor thing as it’s sounds like that’s a Santa Cruz thing, but all the other bits can be got. Chuck it back and take your money elsewhere, could always buy a Lyke and have 5k in change 😝
The problem is I’ve taken it to a different shop to the one I purchased it from, purely just for convenience, big mistake. Honestly if I get my money back it won’t be going on another FAZUA bike after this experience. Love the idea of the ride 60 system, maybe it’s just incompetence from the shop rather than FAZUA.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
The problem is I’ve taken it to a different shop to the one I purchased it from, purely just for convenience, big mistake. Honestly if I get my money back it won’t be going on another FAZUA bike after this experience. Love the idea of the ride 60 system, maybe it’s just incompetence from the shop rather than FAZUA.
Ok, I see your difficulty with the different shop. Although, and I am a bit biased here being a FAZUA fan, but the original fault was with a modification done by Santa Cruz on the speed sensor if I’m understanding you right, not a faulty FAZUA part, and the second suspicious fault accrued apparently during the repair process not whilst the bike was in your care, so you have to take it from the shop it’s not BS. Either was way the timescale is unacceptable on what is essentially a new and very expensive bike. Good luck on it bud, I hope you get it sorted quickly and to your satisfaction.👍

Mike Beggs

Aug 9, 2024
France
Hi - could anyone comment on sizing for the Lyke please? I am 176cm tall, 79cm inside leg and worried the medium they suggest will be too short. :unsure:

Last edited:

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Hi - could anyone comment on sizing for the Lyke please? I am 176cm tall, 79cm inside leg and worried the medium they suggest will be too short. :unsure:
Im 176 as well and have a size M which is perfect. I ride S on other bikes as I like them smaller and more agile but M is really good on LYKE. L felt way too big for me. can see the size on me here: DERESTRICTED on Instagram: "I hit a couple of new jumps for the first time today. You have to go sooo fast for that step up, it always scared me to try it but I hit it today and it’s actually super smooth and floaty. Never felt so good on a bike as I do on the #LYKE #emtb #eebit #enduro #ride100percent 📷 @eriderz"

Mike Beggs

Aug 9, 2024
France
Thanks @eebit - from what I have read they have quite long seat-tubes which restricts long dropper posts?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles