Fuel EXe Fuel EXe Suspension Modifications/Questions

wizard604

Jul 30, 2022
Vancouver
X2 users: do you have a good baseline to work from with the EXE? If so, please post up.
I use Fox's recommended settings and found them to be pretty much spot on. I've verified with a shockwiz. You're pretty much within 1 click of perfect depending on your personal preference.

I find the shock to be quite a bit more responsive, plush and poppy than the float x. I'm light weight 135 lbs and the float x was too damp and didn't have compression adjustments. The X2 has a really wide range of adjustment and is great for those who are outside the average weight range.

Last edited:

Kermit

Nov 24, 2021
SE UK
Noticed that the new Rockshox Vivid Coil Ultimate shock is available as a specific "205x60 Fuel Exe" model. No indication how it differs from the 'standard' trunnion 205x60 version.

Most detail i can find is "Rear Shock Vivid Coil Ultimate RC2T - (205x60) Reb55/Comp37, Adj Hydraulic Bottom Out, Lockout 2 (8x40),(Spring sold separately) Standard Trunnion-C1 TrekFuel EXe 2023+"

I think it might just include the lower mounting: (8x40)

Last edited:

Birdy2017

Sep 4, 2024
Germany
Hi, just found this forum by accident after a friend reminded me that I could increase the shock stroke to 65 mm.
One question remains after reading through the thread: did anyone check the shock/frame clearence on the alloy version, frame size L? I am running the stock fox float.
Thanks a lot

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles