Finally made a decision!

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
After a good few weeks of research, many times of hovering over the checkout button, plenty of second guessing, umpteen YouTube Videos....

I've finally bitten the bullet and placed a order for a 2021 Cube Stereo 140 HPC Race 625!
cube-stereo-140-hpc-race-625-hybrid-bike-blackgrey-a.jpg

Not sure on Delivery Dates yet but have to say I cannot wait!

Its gonna be my First EMTB ever and I haven't owned a Bike for 20 Years so any tips are greatly appreciated!

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
Get some pro guard mudguards, convert to tubeless, carry a spare tube and tools to fix puncture, spare chain link and pump and your good to go.

What do I need to convert to Tubeless? Worth just asking the LBS to do it?
Why do I need to Carry a Spare Tube if I go Tubeless? Sorry if that's a daft question.
I'll check out all the other stuff

Thanks

Jasext

Mar 27, 2020
Swansea Valley
What do I need to convert to Tubeless? Worth just asking the LBS to do it?
Why do I need to Carry a Spare Tube if I go Tubeless? Sorry if that's a daft question.
I'll check out all the other stuff

Thanks
Just get the Stans kit, it has everything for about £30, you carry a tube in case you have puncture like i did last week where i split the sidewall .

Zudnik

Jul 27, 2020
NNJ, USA
Enjoy it. Got my 160 out today, after getting it Thu, for my 2nd ride. Put in 3.5 hours. My butt hurts lol. Loving it so far although already thinking of upgrading shifter and derailleur.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
You have the same tyres as me. I have had my bike for a year now (Cube hardtail)
I have had my fair share of punctures particularly in the late summer / autumn months. All have been from thorns. The tyres / rims are “tubeless ready” and this can make them more difficult to remove and put on.
I’m still using tubes and have not gone down the tubeless route yet. I’ve just become very quick at fixing punctures and tubes?
Took me all day to get the tyre off and then back on correctly the first time but now takes me minutes. give us a shout on here if you ever have problems. I found the advice on this forum really helpful.

Mcfanner

Aug 2, 2020
Scottish Borders
Just wondering what size you went for i’m 5’10 and website says i’m 18” frame was worried that might be a bit small.
Great looking bike tho and sure you’ll have a ball when it turns up ?

After a good few weeks of research, many times of hovering over the checkout button, plenty of second guessing, umpteen YouTube Videos....

I've finally bitten the bullet and placed a order for a 2021 Cube Stereo 140 HPC Race 625!
View attachment 38162

Its gonna be my First EMTB ever and I haven't owned a Bike for 20 Years so any tips are greatly appreciated!

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
Just wondering what size you went for i’m 5’10 and website says i’m 18” frame was worried that might be a bit small.
Great looking bike tho and sure you’ll have a ball when it turns up ?

I'm 5' 11" and went for a 20"

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona

View attachment 38162

Please share some inputs to your decision. It might help others in their “first purchase” journey.

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
Please share some inputs to your decision. It might help others in their “first purchase” journey.

Initially I'd set out to find something around the £3K mark and had pretty much consigned myself that I would be going Hardtail.
With this in mind following a couple of weeks of research I was considering a Giant Fathom E+1 Pro as it seemed to tick what I thought were all the boxes at the time.
Browsing around a few stores one night I popped onto the Decathlon Website as they've always had a pretty keenly priced and we'll specced range of Bikes and happen upon the Stilus E Bike. At £300 less than the Giant it had the same SX Components but with Full Suspension and the latest Gen 4 Bosch Motor...
One Problem though... They seem to be as rare as rocking horse shit!
I spent another couple of weeks looking around as the Stilus had lured me in with its Full Suspension Bosch Powered Charms while I wrestled with waiting for a Stilus to become available.
Growing increasingly impatient I looked at some Cube Models and that's where the budget started to creep.
Cubes Range has quite a few different models and there's a fair few 2020 Models still in-stock.
My choices were either a Stereo Hybrid 120 Race 500 with Fox Suspension at £3259 or with the 625w Battery at £3519
That brings me to my decision to buy the 140 Race 625.
It seems to tick all the boxes for me being
Full Sus
Decent Brakes
Good Quality Groupset
Bosch Gen4
All that plus the Carbon Frame cutting a bit of weight off.
So that's it... I was going to come in £300 under my budget but as usually happens I've ended up £700 over budget.

I think I've made the right decision but tbh I'm just looking forward to getting the bike and getting our for some rides!

Hopefully that's helpful to anyone else who's on the same search that I have been.

Patchinko

Aug 14, 2020
S.W hants
I think you've made the right choice, I bought the same bike back in March and 1300 miles later am loving every minute on it.

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
I think you've made the right choice, I bought the same bike back in March and 1300 miles later am loving every minute on it.

Is yours a 2020 or 2021 Model?

Not sure how long I'm going to have to wait for the Bike

Has anyone ever pre ordered from Damian Harris in Cardiff?

Patchinko

Aug 14, 2020
S.W hants
Is yours a 2020 or 2021 Model?

Not sure how long I'm going to have to wait for the Bike

Has anyone ever pre ordered from Damian Harris in Cardiff?
It's a 2020, I think I'll go for the 2021 motor software update if possible though. I've done 40 mile days and returned with 50% battery but mostly ride on eco mode. I changed the saddle for a Brooks B17 as the original was not suiting me and the B17, once broken in is the only saddle I can do long days with comfortably. As I found with my non e-bike hard tail.

Last edited:

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Just ordered mine.2021 Stereo Hybrid 140TM in grey and orange.

Was also looking at the new Focus 6.9.nine but no hope of getting a demo for the foreseeable and dealers not good at responding.Long wait until November

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
Just ordered mine.2021 Stereo Hybrid 140TM in grey and orange.

Was also looking at the new Focus 6.9.nine but no hope of getting a demo for the foreseeable and dealers not good at responding.Long wait until November
Where did you order from

My Dealer can't give me a delivery date as apparently Cube haven't let them know yet

Mcfanner

Aug 2, 2020
Scottish Borders
Managed to find this bike in stock in a 20” frame
Only one they have just need to decide if it’ll be too big for me at 5’10” or if it should be cool and just go for it

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I'm 5'8 and half and tested a large with the seat forward and bars rolled back and it was absolutely fine although according to their charts I'm smack in the middle of medium.I've ordered a medium.I think you will be fine with a large

Mcfanner

Aug 2, 2020
Scottish Borders
Cheers better just go for it before i bottle it over the cash

I'm 5'8 and half and tested a large with the seat forward and bars rolled back and it was absolutely fine although according to their charts I'm smack in the middle of medium.I've ordered a medium.I think you will be fine with a large

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles