Etube factory profiles for ep8rs 2023 rise

crembz

Sep 4, 2021
Australia
I had Shimano update my rise to 85nm which went without a hitch. The bike pulls like a train in boost now. From what I can tell it's only the torque they have changed, the power seems to be stock still (150/250/350).

In the process my profiles have been reset and feel very different. Can anyone please share screenshots of the etube app and factory profile settings so I can apply them? Thanks

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Is that all they changed? or have you got 'standard' firmware with a power limitation (which may be linked to the battery used) Because Orbea claim that their RS tune alters parameters that you cannot be changed by the user in the app.

crembz

Sep 4, 2021
Australia
Is that all they changed? or have you got 'standard' firmware with a power limitation (which may be linked to the battery used) Because Orbea claim that their RS tune alters parameters that you cannot be changed by the user in the app.
I don't know how to check. According to the emax app the power limits are all still in place so it's not a full ep8 configuration.

But yeah my profiles have changed if anyone has a screen shot of them that would be great.

Last edited:

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Here you go.
As I'm sure you already know the coloured dots show the position the other modes are in and the white dot shows the default (looks like I've upped the Trail power by one notch on profile 1)

IMG_3158.jpeg
IMG_3159.jpeg

crembz

Sep 4, 2021
Australia
Here you go.
As I'm sure you already know the coloured dots show the position the other modes are in and the white dot shows the default (looks like I've upped the Trail power by one notch on profile 1)

View attachment 143377 View attachment 143378
Thank you so much. That's interesting. My app shows 15 settings now instead of 10 for assist character, I'm not sure how to convert or compare.

So it looks like perhaps the 85nm unlock does more than just simply unlocking the torque values. Unless that's an ep8rs vs ep801rs difference.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles