Ergon SM-E Core Prime saddle crash

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
The rail will not be weakened but the only way I can see of getting it back into that rear rear locating point is to cut that location hole open and then using something like araldite to fix the part cut off back on. Providing whatever glue you use holds it should be OK but I would subject it to some rigourous testing before riding with it.
Your only alternative is to see if you can get a refund from either the shop you bought it from or Ergon themselves. Maybe try that route first!!
If I think about it from a construction/assembly viewpoint there must be a way its installed in first place, without saddle in hand I can’t do more than conjecture… it just looks like assembly should be straightforward.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
If I think about it from a construction/assembly viewpoint there must be a way its installed in first place, without saddle in hand I can’t do more than conjecture… it just looks like assembly should be straightforward.
ADD: Ergon certainly had the mold and rails separate, then assembled.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Which ones guys are you referring too in the end? I only the use the Enduro are the others seems gimmick to me from titanium (beautiful but useless) to emtb (branded differently to scam your wallet).
Have a look at the original post...
(Ergon SM-E Core Prime saddle) 😎

Rocketb

Dec 31, 2022
Australia
I think that would break the dual plastic shells of the seat or at least the way they are bonded together. The Ergon saddles have a 2 year warranty and cof course crash damage is not covered but I doubt Ergon would accept that a rail should just escape its holder............so worth a try at warranty replacement.
Here is a warranty replacement. The rail mouldings cracked on mine so wouldn’t suggest using any force here.

IMG_7401.jpeg IMG_7398.jpeg

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
If the seat is totalled anyway. Try this. Heat with a heat gun along the line till the plastic is plyable. Bend the seat up and see if you can get the rod back in. Once in. Reheat and ensure you return the plastic to the original shape.

The seat bending up in that corner is the only way it came out.

1727586727540.png

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
If the seat is totalled anyway. Try this. Heat with a heat gun along the line till the plastic is plyable. Bend the seat up and see if you can get the rod back in. Once in. Reheat and ensure you return the plastic to the original shape.

The seat bending up in that corner is the only way it came out.

View attachment 147375
I was thinking about that and will give it a try !

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
And use something like Araldite or JB weld to hold the ends in place and scuff the ends with a little rough sandpaper, I thought the rail would come out mate 👍😉

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
I'm afraid my damaged seat is indeed a right off. I was able to see the rail that popped out is twisted out of alignment which when slipped into place puts the seat on an angle. There's no way I can straighten the CroMo it's like spring steel, which means heating ect... I'm trashing it... 🤷‍♀️
A big Thanks to everyone who were following this thread. 🙏 Cheers 🍻

IMG_6593.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles