EP8 RS Firmware update to 4.2.0 Bike turns off after 2 sec

Cayuse

Aug 6, 2024
Denmark
I today updated my 2021 Rise M20 EP8 RS from 4.1.8 to 4.2.0 from my pc with etube project and a SM-PCE02.
After the update I cant turn bike really on and in etube I noticed the battery is now missing.
I can communicate with the bike and change settings, re-update the engine etc. but the battery is gone in etube but I can charge the battery.
Did I need a special update since it is RS engine?
Is it possible to downgrade it to the old 4.1.8 firmware?
Any idea what to do?

Cayuse

Aug 6, 2024
Denmark
This is Kinda weird. After some hours the bike can turn on and off normally again. But if I connect to the bike via E-tube from my PC it shut downs again. E-tube via app works fine. I have another orbea rise and this does works fine via e-tube from my pc and app

vladej

Jun 28, 2021
Slovenia
Hi, I updated my Rise M20 2021 to 4.2.0 a few months ago. I have no problems with the bike. I do updates over the phone with E-tube app.

Cayuse

Aug 6, 2024
Denmark
I dont know what is wrong with this bike since it works normal again which is very nice. I just wonder why it changes behaviour everytime it has been connected to e-tube with my PC.

capi

Aug 29, 2024
italy
Hello, I have the same problem, on two ebikes now!
I can tell that the problem relys on the battery itself after you connect it to the pc software with a motor with firmware 4.2.0
I have a orbea rise m10 upgraded to firmware 4.2.0 (through pc software) and after finishing the update it says "error reading parameters from the bike"
After this update I cannot turn on the bike, it shuts down just after two seconds that I turned it on.
I disassembled all the bike electric components, changed all the di2 signal wires and the charging port wires with no luck.
I then connected the affected battery to another bike, a orbea rise m-team, (so all parts except the battery were different) and this bike cannot power on too (this bike motor have an old firmware, not 4.2.0). Put on the battery from the m-team to the m10 and the m10 worked without problems!
Then I connected the m10 with the working battery and the motor firmware 4.2.0 to the pc software (bike powered on to detect also the battery) and after a long connection time it gave me the same error "error reading parameters from the bike" and then even the previous working battery from the m-team do not work. Now I have two batteries that do not power on the bikes, and they do not power on either of them, the one with older firmware motor and the one with the 4.2.0
Do you have any other informations to help me solve the issue?!?
Both bikes can be connected powered off to the pc diagnostic software from shimano and both give no errors at all but when you connect them powered off the shimano software do not detect the battery (normal behavior). No luck to connect it powered on because they both cannot stay on now.
Thank You very much!
Max from Italy

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles