• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

E bikes stands

spurty30

Apr 16, 2024
Cairngorms, Scotland
Hey guys , what stand do you use to do work on your E bikes? I have a workshop stand but it can't cope with the weight (24 kgs) . I've tried taking the battery out but due to the sloping top tube on my cube stereo the front wheel sags till it touches the ground. Seen some pics of stands that go under the motor etc(like my old mx bike stand , that I now wish I still had).
What's everyone use?
Cheers

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I found the workstand a bit of a ball ache to keep setting up + taking down. Made up a wooden triangle and mounted that to a wooden shelving unit. Bike then hangs from the saddle. Front wheel touches the ground but its hardly a problem unless trying to true discs etc. Then just put the bike upside down on the floor instead.

arTNC

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
Can't you attach it to the handlebars right next to the stem?
You'd think this might work, but just about any time I've tried to suspend the bike on the handlebar to either side of the stem, the bike leans annoyingly. One other option if you're in a building or on a patio with something overhead that you can attach a strap to, you hook around the stem and suspend the front of the bike off the floor/ground when you need it totally suspended...of course with the back end suspended in a bike stand or such.

However, if the fake top tube bar allows you to lock the bar so it doesn't rotate, then clamping to the handlebar either side of the stem might indeed work...locked at the handlebar and locked at the seatpost. Not sure...haven't tried that.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
You enablers got me thinking that I needed a Feedback Sports Pro HD stand, so I ordered one last night. They're not cheap. It costs five times what I paid for my Bike Hand. As the evening progressed, I started wondering if the Feedback is five times better than my existing stand. Eventually I came to my senses and cancelled the order.

BTTB

Jan 10, 2019
Planet Earth
Have you taken a look at this beauty from Enduro Engineering.

tennisbiki

Jul 30, 2024
California
Hi, a newbie here with a recently acquired 2019 Haibike FullSeven LT3.0. I made a simple wood floor stand from scrap wood so that I can service the chain/drivetrain. Not a complete solution since I discovered that the Yamaha mid-drive motor cover does not sit stable enough. I have to use a wheel stand to keep the bike upright. The wheelstand came with the bike, so it's free so far.
240731FloorStand2.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles