Drop Motor on an E160RSX

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Has anyone dropped the motor on an e160 RSX to replace hoses / cables. Do you undo the Torx T40+ on both sides ?

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
Has anyone dropped the motor on an e160 RSX to replace hoses / cables. Do you undo the Torx T40+ on both sides ?
I changed my dropper cable outer and inner without dropping the motor , it was tight but you can do it , I also shortened the brake hoses.
I dont like the routing on my Whyte , same model as yours
cheers
Paul

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Hi Paul
Thanks for the reply. I have just run a new rear brake hose and as you managed it with a barb and routed though with the old hose. I am finding it tricky to re-clip it into the down tube though but the battery does still slide in.

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
Hi Paul
Thanks for the reply. I have just run a new rear brake hose and as you managed it with a barb and routed though with the old hose. I am finding it tricky to re-clip it into the down tube though but the battery does still slide in.
Yes, I had the same problem, ref the downtube , those clips aren't great , I managed to get some velcro tabs under down so far and then use hook loop ties to cinch down , not too tight , battery goes in fine , I was concerned more about the electrical wiring getting damaged , I try not to remove the battery too often, it a bit of a pain in the ass :) , but in the winter I guess will have to more.
Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles