Dji avinox

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
Cyberwarfare is no where near what people perceive as war, it's a hidden new era warfare, that's why it considered so dangerous and that's why big countrys use such extreme counter measures.

I'm sure dji isn't the only one on the blacklist. Short, cyberwrfare is all about data gathering and then using that data to get an advantage.

That advantage might be used as industrial(quite sure we can see a bit of that in the car industry), economical, health related and finally also military(especially devices equipped with GPS and data connectivity modules - bt, wifi, nfc, sim card options, and there are others that aren't so mainstream) can be used for free geo mapping and some other useful ways to gather information(a beautiful civil example is Google maps, Strava Heatmap, etc...).

As far as I know the Amflow is one of the rare emtbs that has a Sim card along all other connectivity options.

Every big company in China needs to report if requested(no questions asked) to the Regime...all data is gathered and processed. No wonder, that country wears the nickname Sleeping Dragon...

Lexle

Jun 4, 2023
Germany
I don't think it's just the warfare potential of drones, I think that it would easy for the Chinese government to map every square inch of the USA, military bases, water supply, population centers, etc. and for the public to do all of the work for them.

I think it's an obvious security issue.
Did you ever hear about satellites? 🛰️

Jazzii

Jan 25, 2024
Slovakia
It is obvious that the debate here about amflow bikes is moving completely elsewhere due to the lack of bikes. Will try to get it back.
For those who alredy have amflow.
Has anyone tried changing the trail mode power strength settings? My one pulls like bull and factory trail mode settings change in the app does not have any effect on the power. In trail mode, it pulls so hard that up a quite steep hill I just lightly spin my pedals and I can't imagine why I would use a turbo or boost.
Side effect is that in trail mode I can do a maximum about 1600 vm/40 km, but with almost no riders effort instead of (for example) 2200 vm/60km with some rider effort.
Thanks.

DirkWisely

Jun 14, 2024
California
Yeah, the technology gap will probably get closed with the new levo anyway. I'd rather not buy from a chinese company if I have the choice considering china is supporting russia to attack european democracies.
I sure hope so. I've been very happy with my gen3. There are only 2 bikes that don't feel like buying old tech right now, and both the Saturn 16 and the Amflow aren't available in the US. :(

Lexle

Jun 4, 2023
Germany
I sure hope so. I've been very happy with my gen3. There are only 2 bikes that don't feel like buying old tech right now, and both the Saturn 16 and the Amflow aren't available in the US. :(
Gen4 will be great…

Just sold my Simplon Pinion MGU for the Amflow

The MGU with belt is great, but you have to be a tech enthusiast if you are an early Bird.

But will definitely buy a Pinion MGU 2.0 in the future…

Last edited:

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
The Pinion MGU looks fantastic. But the bikes carrying them seem heavy.

Steve Jones just put out a video about the Nicolai Saturn 16 MGU. He was saying the bike weighed 28kg. That's starting to get into the territory of something you are going to struggle lifting over obstacles on trails. Or lift over a fence. Or lifting in and out of your car. Or lifting up steps to get it into homes.

Whilst I don't need an EMTB to be sub 20kg. I really draw the line at more than 25kg. It's just staring to get unwieldy especially as I get older.

My other concern outside Europe would be cost, if there is a failure of the MGU. I can get the top of the range Shimano EP801 Motor for AUD$1200. That's only £615. I cannot imagine what the MGU replacement would cost.

This is where the DJI system will fare much better with parts coming out of China. You know they won't be ridiculously priced.

I would be comfortable buying an Amflow outside China. I would not be comfortable buying a Pinion MGU outside Europe.

DirkWisely

Jun 14, 2024
California
The Pinion MGU looks fantastic. But the bikes carrying them seem heavy.

Steve Jones just put out a video about the Nicolai Saturn 16 MGU. He was saying the bike weighed 28kg. That's starting to get into the territory of something you are going to struggle lifting over obstacles on trails. Or lift over a fence. Or lifting in and out of your car. Or lifting up steps to get it into homes.

Whilst I don't need an EMTB to be sub 20kg. I really draw the line at more than 25kg. It's just staring to get unwieldy especially as I get older.

My other concern outside Europe would be cost, if there is a failure of the MGU. I can get the top of the range Shimano EP801 Motor for AUD$1200. That's only £615. I cannot imagine what the MGU replacement would cost.

This is where the DJI system will fare much better with parts coming out of China. You know they won't be ridiculously priced.

I would be comfortable buying an Amflow outside China. I would not be comfortable buying a Pinion MGU outside Europe.
Yeah the Pinion doesn't have to be heavy, but especially the Saturn is getting up there where living with it outside of riding might be frustrating..

I recently had the opportunity to ride the Trek Fuel Exe which is probably 8KG lighter than my Levo. It was pretty nice for lifting it on/off the bike rack, but actually riding it I didn't appreciate it being lighter much. Certainly it not having my preferred handlebars hurt it a lot more than being lighter helped it.

Entonox

Nov 24, 2022
West Yorkshire
450mm.

Its on the website
Is that vertical height though? And not actual length?

Screenshot 2024-10-22 113255.png

Last edited:

Entonox

Nov 24, 2022
West Yorkshire
What is it your'e trying to achieve?

Its the effective length; the tube itself will be slightly longer as it has the kink in it.
I'm trying to establish how much seat post drop I can run. I struggle with long seat tubes.
If the effective length is 450mm then that's ok but on my limit.
If it's the height as per the diagram then the effective length (centre to top) will be approx 462mm.

Biano44

Oct 7, 2020
Charnwood
I'm trying to establish how much seat post drop I can run. I struggle with long seat tubes.
If the effective length is 450mm then that's ok but on my limit.
If it's the height as per the diagram then the effective length (centre to top) will be approx 462mm.
Its got a bend in it though hasn't it? Surely that would hinder a longer post?

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
The large comes with a Fox transfer 155-180mm post which has an insertion of around 290mm, probably a bit more to allow for cables

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Gen4 will be great…

The MGU with belt is great, but you have to be a tech enthusiast if you are an early Bird.

I would love to hear about all of the differences here. You are in a unique position to educate us all on the Pros/ Cons of both.

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
My Alibaba link is getting my PL Carbon Large 800wh next week and shipping it to Los angeles via boat, hoping to get it by December. Said F it and rolling the dice. Price was $10,450 flat USD. Paid via AMEX
So the PL carbon. Not the PL Carbon Pro ?

And please keep us informed of the delivery and the bike performance. (y)

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
Gen4 will be great…

I would love to hear about all of the differences here. You are in a unique position to educate us all on the Pros/ Cons of both.
Ditto. Like what issues if any motivated you to sell it? Any MGU stall outs at the limit? Why Simplon over Nicolai (carbon?). Etc.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Simplon is bankrupt and MGU bikes tend to be rather heavy. The Simplon is around 5kg heavier than the Amflow. The ride experience will be totally different. I don't really understand the approach of nicolai where the bike weighs 28 kg. That handling will be absymal.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles