Discounted Bike and parts Thread - cheap(er) ebikes & stuff

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Black Friday deal, I have a Fenix 5X going sppare now ;) half price Epix anyone?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Black Friday deal, I have a Fenix 5X going sppare now ;) half price Epix anyone?
That’s really decent.

Got my Epix last year and it’s brilliant. Even for occasional mapping and importing GPX routes from Trailforks.

Oxon

Jun 30, 2021
The Shire
That's tempting but I'm not sure it's worth upgrading from my Fenix 7

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
£4249 with free UK delivery using my code ROBRIDES

IMG_1342.jpeg IMG_1279.jpeg

Oxon

Jun 30, 2021
The Shire
If anyone is going for this then you can use the 10% off newsletter code and get it for £337.50!

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

That’s such a good deal, have never seen any 1/2 price before

DaveG01

Mar 27, 2023
Shills
Zeb Ultimate Charger 2.1 RC2 27.5 Inch Boost 38mm Offset Debonair Fork - Black or grey £539.10 with code DEAL

The above were the other forks I'd been thinking of for my 2019 Kenevo but was put off by the 38mm offset compared to the 44mm offset my bike and many others come with. Reading online though it seems I probably wouldn't notice the sightly shorter offset anyway - any thoughts?

Anyway as I've always fancied trying to mullet my Kenevo I went for the 29 Fox 38 factory forks posted above and if I don't like them I figured they should keep their value better as they are more in demand second hand :unsure:
I bought the newer version with buttercups etc for sub £400 on eBay from Germany and got hit with taxes still sub £500. The only negative on 38mm offset is that it will only take the smaller bolt on guards. If you want the longer guard and more coverage you'll need the 44mm offset . The bike I'm using them on is designed around 38mm offset

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
The only differences between XT & SLX deraiileurs is about 30 grams, the shiny finish & the price. Otherwise, they're identical components.

Think how many expensive titanium bolts you have to buy to get that 32g less 😜

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
The only differences between XT & SLX deraiileurs is about 30 grams, the shiny finish & the price. Otherwise, they're identical components.

And the XT jockey wheels have bearings where the SLX uses bushes.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
In your experience is there any difference in performance between jockey wheels with bushes and those with bearings?
Less maintenance for one. Riding through winter the bushes inevitably get grit in there and if you don't clean them out regularly they start to chew up the jocket wheel. The bearings however seem to be fairly well sealed and just need a bit of fresh grease and the occasional flush and regrease to keep them running nicely.

All of the bushed jockey wheels I've ever had have worn out far quicker. As in, the teeth wear out whereas the XT ones with bearings tend to last longer. I'm not sure why but it's been the same for years going back to the days of 9sp.

I was always too poor for XT so made so with Deore mechs and once the jockey wheels died, I'd fit XTs and they last seemingly forever.

I think on 12sp it's likely that as the bushes wear and play starts in the jockey wheels, the shifting will be poor. At least in my shimano drivetrains, shifting quality is VERY sensitive to alignment of the hanger and cable tension, b screw adjustment etc. The bearings will almost certainly last better than bushes but I've only experienced XT on 12sp.

Well, I did start with and SLX mech but the back wheel ate it long before I could wear the jockey wheels out 😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles