DH World Cup thread

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
They really butchered Puck Pieterse's name there.....Rob finally listened to his ear mic but Emily carried on and she is Canadian and should know how to say puck being from a hockey nation.

Well I stand corrected. I had made mention of this on Igram and got a reply from movemedialtd that said they had heard it from her before broadcast. No other announcers in CX or MTB, including Bart Brentjens who is Dutch and should know better, pronounce it correctly I guess. She should tell them!

Her last name seems to stump some of the broadcasters also and they just say Peters. But it is Pieterse (say).

Last edited:

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
First one of these I've enjoyed in a while, Bernard dishes up a few truth bombs on the DH world cup scene. Would love to know which team dropped $10k in Wholefoods for a weeks worth of food & drink.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
First one of these I've enjoyed in a while, Bernard dishes up a few truth bombs on the DH world cup scene. Would love to know which team dropped $10k in Wholefoods for a weeks worth of food & drink.

I cant do it, I feel stupider already just replying to this. I was an avid listener at the beginning, I even got Olly the proper Mic, but when they ramble on off topic they show themselves up on how stupid they are.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Fort Bill then. Any takers for the win? TBH, I've not even looked up the runners & riders but I'm fairly certain a home win is a cert 🥳

Union Jack GIF

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Only the brave or the foolish bet against the French these days! No Jackson this year. Jordan?

Goat

Jan 19, 2023
Ireland
Rachel & Greg FTW would be awesome.

Would love to see Ronan Dunne get a medal, likewise Callum Morris in the juniors 🤞

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Its wide open, especially as Jackson is out.

I think Rachel may pull a surprise out ;) (well hopefully.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Dante Silva had a full on death, about 7:50 in. I like Dante. slight air of the unhinged about him.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Hell Yeah ! Just what the doctor ordered 🙏

Rob Warner brings it bavk that name I seen him at the 1st one held at Ft Bill that wasn't yesterday. Was tempted to go to final on Saturday but thunder and heavy rain plus horrible delays on roads to events like that these days won't bother

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
From here, anyone deposing the top three is riding the race of their lives. Looks filthy out there now.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Weather is a factor for sure....that announcer is getting on my nerves.

Global warming isn't a thing in Scotland obviously.

So cool to see Atherton bikes go 1/2 on home soil! Take that big brands.

Now on to the eBike races.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles