DH World Cup thread

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Weather is a factor for sure....that announcer is getting on my nerves.

Global warming isn't a thing in Scotland obviously.

So cool to see Atherton bikes go 1/2 on home soil! Take that big brands.

Now on to the eBike races.

Yees i agree , it is nice to see
that they start to stream e-bike racing

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Reckon Greg might be having a talk with the guys about back wheels. That's four so far?

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Somebody buy Lyle a sharpie ! Not saying Maxxis is the problem , but come on !
Shame about the weather , regardless Charlies run was legit and a deserved win. Andy Kolbs reaction as he met his teammate at the finish was fantastic.
Crap race with a happy ending 😁

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I hate weather affected races but thats mountain biking, it didn't have too much of an affect on this race though. So stoked for Charlie, wins his first world cup on the biggest race of the year and at home to boot.

Great to see Laurie up on the podium to, one of my favourite riders. Bring on Andorra and back to some GCN coverage

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
OK so the DH dirt has settled on an appropriate champ for the year. But still on the table are a few other MTB related jersey's?

8/9 there are the XC eMtB champs for a starter. A few years ago Tom Pidcock won the jersey in a mud fest. He will be in attendance this year but not sure if he is entered in the e race. Also there are stripes on the line for short track and XCO to come.

Not sure if others follow CX/Road on here also but my guy for those disciplines is MVDP. Been following his career for awhile now. He also has palmares in the mtb scene and will be attending the upcoming meat bike races and after winning the CX rainbow stripes last winter and the road ones last weekend how cool would it be if he added another set or two?

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
The broadcast team is pretty awful though. Incorrect analysis, not that entertaining, and not particularly insightful. Rob Warner should be doing bootleg streams from the races - I'd actually pay to subscribe to that!

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Andorra calling...

Looking dry, dusty and FAST for the weekend. Will Ed Masters leave a couple of teeth on course again? Probably not but let's go with the bets.

Jackson & Valli, the course is made for them.

Last edited:

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Hard to disagree with your picks. Vali unstoppable at the moment , Finn could be a threat too.
I heard there are storms forecast for Saturday so track conditions could change on race day. Hopefully it's the same for everyone and doesn't affect the quality of the racing.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Camille will charge for Commencal's home race too. I mean they all will right? but I reckon there's that little psychological edge for team Max the others won't have.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Race has been moved forward a couple of hours anticipating high winds.
Semis ditched.
Check GCN+ for updated broadcast times.
Yep. No semis , no YouTube.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Reckon Greg might be having a talk with the guys about back wheels. That's four so far?
Lyle his mechanic has been "reassigned" to logistics and a new mechanic has replaced him.
Pure speculation here , but I think Lyle has been blamed for Gregs poor performance , despite simply setting up the bike to Minnaars wishes.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Lyle his mechanic has been "reassigned" to logistics and a new mechanic has replaced him.
Pure speculation here , but I think Lyle has been blamed for Gregs poor performance , despite simply setting up the bike to Minnaars wishes.
Riders are creatures of habit, sticking with what they like. I wonder if there's more in this than meets the eye? If they've blamed him for the tyre failures without reason, that's poor. OTOH if Lyle suggested a change & it's the root cause then it's more comprehensible I guess. I know Greg runs Santa Cruz reserve carbon wheels, signature Assegais & DHR's without inserts & his tyres are made exclusively for him with tougher casings than the public can buy, or at least they were. One thing I know is it's such a small world, we'll probably find out what's gone on & given the number of incidents, you can well imagine there's been some beefing in the camp.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Such a weird one so far for me. Originally racing was supposed to be starting at 8:00 BST which was ok but I was out for dinner as that’s 7pm here in NZ. I was all set to watch the replay on GCN+

Now it’s pushed back to 13:30 BST which is pretty much the usual time it would have been on here anyway 😂

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I really hate it when a race is unfair due to weather. The top guys in elite got screwed today. Gutting for what was a brilliant race at the half way point.
It’s an outdoor sport in the mountains , I’m sure everyone’s benefited from the weather at some point !

Last edited:

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Just got done watching the DH here and as mentioned weather once again a factor. Like #lazy says it's an outdoor sport and Mother Nature can be a cruel mistress. All the unsurity of the schedule didn't help any either. I thought the Dean Lucas YT with Eddie Masters did a decent job of pointing out the issues.

I bet that Max is happy for a hometown brand win. Nina uncorked a good run and Vali didn't, so it goes. All the unsureity of the schedule didn't help any

Turned off the sound and just kept track of the splits. Just really can't stand the commentary although I'm sure that Rick and Cedric are nice enough folks, they just aren't that good at the job.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Weather dependent sports get weather! Pleased for Nina, her dodgy knee has kept her out for too long. Happy for Tahnee & Marine too.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just got done watching the DH here and as mentioned weather once again a factor. Like #lazy says it's an outdoor sport and Mother Nature can be a cruel mistress. All the unsurity of the schedule didn't help any either. I thought the Dean Lucas YT with Eddie Masters did a decent job of pointing out the issues.

I bet that Max is happy for a hometown brand win. Nina uncorked a good run and Vali didn't, so it goes. All the unsureity of the schedule didn't help any

Turned off the sound and just kept track of the splits. Just really can't stand the commentary although I'm sure that Rick and Cedric are nice enough folks, they just aren't that good at the job.

We watched it live from the GCN+ app and didn’t have any commentary at all. Presumed they had audio issues ?

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
We watched it live from the GCN+ app and didn’t have any commentary at all. Presumed they had audio issues ?
Fortunately for you , the commentary was turned off 😁
Bottom right side , there is a 💬 icon. Click that for options.
Personally , I see the option of ambient audio almost worth the price of the subscription. The trackside commentary is audible in places , I prefer that.
I try to listen to Ric and CG , I really do ! But I never last more than a few minutes before I reach for that 💬 icon. 🤣

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles