DH World Cup thread

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
(y) and stop spelling more MOAR you Jockistani retard. ?

tenor.gif

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
The guy crashes with style!
He did show how to handle a bike on the wet, though…
And delivered it complete, if only he had hit a few spectators we would watch that crash being broadcasted worldwide on TV.
Fast riding, carnage and Neymar style rolling on grass field ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Why didn't he stop to wipe the mud of his lens? ;)
Holy crap. That looks soooo scary. I hate wet roots. I had some last Sunday and was all over the place. And that was riding at a controlled pace. Almost had to change my pants afterwards.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
There's a Bernard Kerr video where you hear him saying 'Oh F**k' as he hits the roots just before the road gap & if you watch closely, you see the camera shift a touch to the left. In a following run, you see him on the same section, a few inches to the right. Fair to say I'm in awe of the effort that goes in to line selection with these guys.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
There's a Bernard Kerr video where you hear him saying 'Oh F**k' as he hits the roots just before the road gap & if you watch closely, you see the camera shift a touch to the left. In a following run, you see him on the same section, a few inches to the right. Fair to say I'm in awe of the effort that goes in to line selection with these guys.

I caught up with it all on Red Bull TV last night. Once that rain came down it was insane. Felt sorry for Danny Hart, didn’t have a great run, and then Reece just flew down after him, and literally flew off that gap jump ?

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
I think Bernard Kerr’s run was the ‘fastest’, by which I mean given the conditions at the time on the course. Reece Wilson’s was on that pace in those conditions too until the ‘Gap oof Doom’ ? Bernard is so strong on that run - holding it together despite everything: more than intense focus and outright technical skill, that was power speaking. Anyway, no surprise he’s the only two time winner of Hardline — doesn’t look like he’s racing it this year, what with all his commitments.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I think Bernard Kerr’s run was the ‘fastest’, by which I mean given the conditions at the time on the course. Reece Wilson’s was on that pace in those conditions too until the ‘Gap oof Doom’ ? Bernard is so strong on that run - holding it together despite everything: more than intense focus and outright technical skill, that was power speaking. Anyway, no surprise he’s the only two time winner of Hardline — doesn’t look like he’s racing it this year, what with all his commitments.

I was waiting for Brendog’s run but they didn’t show that. Bernard Kerr is definitely one to be watching too

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Reece was super fast given the conditions. On the final gap that killed him, he sat his arse on the back tyre & that was him dead but agree BK was the best looking run of the top 10 guys & I'm fairly sure he's said he will be at Hard line, sure hope he is, it's by far my favourite race.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I was waiting for Brendog’s run but they didn’t show that. Bernard Kerr is definitely one to be watching too
I would be really interested to see a race where they get one track walk then have to go full pelt - my money would be on Brendog for this, the way he reads terrain in the fly is so inprssive

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Needles podcast with Eddie is a pretty good breakdown of who was flying out there, that maybe their time didnt show

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I think it's actually been mellowed out in the top sections a bit. Have to say one of the things I love about this sport is the big dogs all running around with go pros so you get right into the action with them. Going to stick my neck out & go for a BK, Brage & Kade Edwards top three.*

*May come to regret foolish predictions.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I think it's actually been mellowed out in the top sections a bit. Have to say one of the things I love about this sport is the big dogs all running around with go pros so you get right into the action with them. Going to stick my neck out & go for a BK, Brage & Kade Edwards top three.*

*May come to regret foolish predictions.

That rock garden before the HUUUUUGE road gap just looks a rocky bouldery death drop on the GoPro, how BK found a line then I don’t know. It’d be nice to see him on the podium

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
I’m rooting for BK and not just because of his track record at RB Hardline nor as simple support for what he’s managing to do for the Pivot Teams whilst racing arguably faster than ever. I recon he’s stronger this year which is allowing him to hold it together on some super-fast direct line choices: ideal at Hardline — not that I could have even the slightest insight into the reality of what these chaps are doing ?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
BK is very good at techy dh stuff & the course at Hardline plays into that. As you say he's won it twice before but I'm backing him in no small part because there's no Gee Atherton this year. All that said, it's a mad dh course & any one of them can bin it without warning. Adam Brayton anyone?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you watch these two it messes with your head a bit.

Bernards Course Preview - where he leisurely plods down not totally sure of the course, chatting as he goes and only a couple of seconds slower than his previous winning time. Bizarrely making drops look none existant, the terrain seem flat and jumps seem so easy that 99% of forum members could make them whilst taking a selfie for pic of the day.

Then his trackwalk (a week after his test run) . Where much of the terrain seems impassable, the jumps would appear to require rockets, wings or suicidal tendencies and the drops look like they'd give you a run for your money even with a hand glider or parachute.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
not going to lie when watching the track walk video i was getting worried for the health of some riders given the scale of some of the 'features'. Doesn't take much to end up in a whole lot of trouble. Whilst an "enduro" bike lewis buchannan's norco range with a downhill fork on it seems to be coping but it must be a massive shock for him hitting some of these big drops and jumps. Probably helps that the range looks like a short travel downhill bike from the start.

been following a lot of the racers that vlog during my recovery and bernard is up there with the best, not that the dogs aren't a factor in it :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles