Denfu E10 Thru Axle specs

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
Hi,
Can someone provide the thru axle official specs?

The thru axle that came with my frame from Fieldebikes/Anna Chen (M12-174L-P1.5-13.5TL), it's just crap.
I'm just after the official specs to order a new one.
Thanks in advance

Edit: removed the non essential info to avoid distractions

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Hi,
Can someone provide the thru axle official specs.?

The thru axle that came with my frame from Fieldebikes/Anna Chen (M12-174L-P1.5-13.5TL), it's just crap.
Actually, also the frame rear triangle's quality is unsatisfying. Without the axle, the stays are too separated from each other, so a standard 148 mm hub doesn't sit on the borders at each side of the frame, making putting and removing the wheel a nightmare, because the wheel doesn't stay in place by the pull of the chain.
The issue with the axle is: When trying to remove the axle, the lever cap just unscrews from the axle. To be more precise, it unscrews from the steel threaded bar that joints the aluminum axle with the lever cap. I tried epoxying it to permanently fix it, but it did not hold. I tried again with a stronger epoxy, which did fix the lever cap. But now the problem is that, the steel threaded bar, which seems to be fixed to the axle by a set screw, started unscrewing from the other end (the axle), so much so that half of the steel threads started to peel off.
So, I wouldn't dare to take the bike off-road as I fear the axle is going to brake and possibly damage me and the frame.
I hope that my explanations make sense. Anyway, I'm just after the official specs to order a new one.
Thanks in advance
better whith pics to understand

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
Thanks.
I guess that I shouldn't have elaborated that much as it distracts from the actual question, which is the only important.

What's the specs of the official axle in terms of Length and Thread Length?

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
Replace it with a non QR axle. It secures much better and easier to remove wheels
I prefer tool-less components whenever possible, but in this case it´s not only for convenience, but also because allen alloy screws can go rounded without much abuse. That said, I ordered one QR and one Allen axles with measures close to that of the axle that came with the frame. I may have to shorten them to match the 174 mm of the original. But since I did not ordered the frame from Dengfu themselves, I wonder if the axle provided by Anna Chen is of the right measures (length and thread length wise)

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Thanks.
I guess that I shouldn't have elaborated that much as it distracts from the actual question, which is the only important.

What's the specs of the official axle in terms of Length and Thread Length?

1695991914051.png

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile

View attachment 125764
Thanks Alex144, I see that the axle you have has the exact same measures as mine. May I ask you:
  1. Was it supplied by Anna Chen as in my case, or did you purchase it from Dengfu directly?
  2. Does yours have a small set screw in the axle itself, towards the lever? (I am trying to confirm that yours is exactly the same as the one I received)
  3. Are you going to remove the 1mm overall length excess of your Nuke proof axle to match the original? If you already did so, did the shorter thread legth allowed the thread to go all the way in?(the NP axle's thread length is already 1.5mm shorter than the original as it is)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Thanks Alex144, I see that the axle you have has the exact same measures as mine. May I ask you:
  1. Was it supplied by Anna Chen as in my case, or did you purchase it from Dengfu directly?
  2. Does yours have a small set screw in the axle itself, towards the lever? (I am trying to confirm that yours is exactly the same as the one I received)
  3. Are you going to remove the 1mm overall length excess of your Nuke proof axle to match the original? If you already did so, did the shorter thread legth allowed the thread to go all the way in?(the NP axle's thread length is already 1.5mm shorter than the original as it is)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated
If you mean the original, got it from dengfu, the nukeproof one I got from chainreactioncycles

PXL_20230929_192101687.jpg

PXL_20230929_192048114.jpg
PXL_20230929_192108260.jpg

Here are some pictures, there's a little grub screw if that's what you mean.

I didn't remove/modify the nukeproof one at all, seems to fit fine.

The side by side picture is a bit off, they are alot closer in lenght then what it looks like in the picture

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
If you mean the original, got it from dengfu, the nukeproof one I got from chainreactioncycles

View attachment 125806
View attachment 125807 View attachment 125808
Here are some pictures, there's a little grub screw if that's what you mean.

I didn't remove/modify the nukeproof one at all, seems to fit fine.

The side by side picture is a bit off, they are alot closer in lenght then what it looks like in the picture
Thanks for the pictures Alex! Yes, that´s the one I received too, with the set screw seen in your last picture. The difference is that on mine, the lever had a 5 mm gap with the rest of the axle, exposing the steel core (obviously defective). It came to me that way. Shortly after installing it, I started having issues with the lever cap unscrewing from the axle, when trying to remove the wheel.
When using the NP, have you checked if both ends of the hub fully rest on the shoulders on the inside faces of frame stays? (I hope I make sense)
I ordered 2 replacement axles, both 177mm length axles and 19mm thread length (one regular and one QR). I plan to cut the 3 mm excess on both, which will allow to keep a 16mm thread length. But if 175 does the job fine, I will buy that one next time and save the hassle

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
So you mean if theres play in the wheel? There's none, didn't have to tighten it with alot of force either.
Thanks for the reply Alex. I received the new axles (177 mm). I sanded one just 2mm as it came with a 0.9 washer, so I ended up with bit more than 174 mm length. With the shiny end left by the sanding, I could clearly see that there´s probably 1 mm room left inside the nut where the axle screws in, so yes, a 175 mm length axle fits just fine.
BTW: on the original axle, I used liquid metal (grey expoxy) to fix the lever and the axle to the inner steel threaded core that joints both, an it seems to be holding quite well. I will keep it as a spare.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles