Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
just fitted Eddy currents 2.6 front and rear, the Smart Sam' s , were ok whilst ground was dry but when it got wet and muddy they just let go unexpectedly. They went on ok had to heat sidewall to make it easier to fit( tubeless), and have lost no pressure at all over last 3 days.

View attachment 36967
Soz for total noob question.. expecting mine tomorrow... what size tubeless presta do I need ? Ta

johnnymiller1000

Jul 29, 2020
Midlands UK
it's here, all built up. just have to fit the saddle, pedals and bars. (didnt fit the stock pedals which looked like they weren't much cop, fitted DMR v12's) arrived on 1 bar of battery, so on charge now ready for a test run later once I've fiddled with the seat height.

FDB47AE2-A5CD-4B44-AFB1-9C5BADCA4951.jpeg

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Mine turned up this morning at 11.15am .. the bike was upside down in the box ..

No U.K. charger .
Bike had no packing only on the top tube.
Bike stinks of aftershave
One of the grips fell off
Brakes needed bled and now done .

but the most shocking thing was the star nut in the steerer tube , fuck me side ways it wasn’t even in fully never mind an inch down the tube .

Glad I had the tool to put it down .
God knows what would of happened if the missis rode this like it came .
Changed the wheels for fortus 35 with 2.6 magic Mary on the front and nobby nic 2.8 rear . She’s also using her XX1 rainbow cassette . Just got to fit her lyriks .. all parts were from her other bike that we sold with all my Levo SL parts .

ivd had a quick go even though missis is at work until 8.45 .(gets home at that time) and to be honest if wasn’t expecting a lot and I can’t actually wait to ride it myself properly .. I have a feeling she’s going to have a few Tears of joy when she rides this thing . As I’ve been so used to riding my Levo SL the power is amazing . Even better than my 2019 Kenevo expert . And not even had the update done yet .

I’ve sent decathlon an email regarding the star nut and brakes .

she will need a longer seat post so will get her a 150mm .

Things to fit .

lyrik 160 29er
GX rear mech ,
NX shifter
New dropper (to buy)

the nx shifter and new dropper will get rid of the bar clutter .

DF569FC4-BDDC-4B20-99EC-41D69F8A3C01.jpeg

B01D4E18-6E08-4E26-9A11-55D390EF6031.jpeg

2437BD63-F24A-4F5A-8D3B-DA489DE7F21F.jpeg

johnnymiller1000

Jul 29, 2020
Midlands UK
Thats the polar opposite of my experience. I was worried what the delivery would be like to be honest after reading a few things about bike deliveries recently. Mine was secured by loads of foam pads in the box (its more or less filled my wheelie bin when removed) and wrapped very well, took ages to get it all off it was zip tied to every surface it seemed. everything was already tight and ready to go bar the bits you fit on yourself obviously. Only done an hour or so on it and think its going to be a lot of fun. As others have said, saddle is like sitting on a spike so that will be being changed fairly early on I think and probably the grips, but zipping up some killer hills in turbo mode to get to the fun stuff won't get old I don't think . Will leave most of the rest of it as is for now and see how I get on, although might get a smaller water bottle its a bit tight. Bike should be fine for my meagre abilities for now! :)

IMG_1474.jpeg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Bit of a crappy one tbh, went out for a ride earlier & managed to send myself otb at full tilt downhill. Broken my shoulder, dislocated it too, cracked a rib & covered in cuts & bruises. I haven't had an off for twelve years but made up for it goodstyle today. Looks like I'm out for a while,

Beyond grateful to the National Trust ranger who found me & ran me to hospital.

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
Bit of a crappy one tbh, went out for a ride earlier & managed to send myself otb at full tilt downhill. Broken my shoulder, dislocated it too, cracked a rib & covered in cuts & bruises. I haven't had an off for twelve years but made up for it goodstyle today. Looks like I'm out for a while,

Blimey, hope you recover quickly.

johnnymiller1000

Jul 29, 2020
Midlands UK

sorry to read this, hope you make a speedy recovery and a reminder to me at least to take extra care getting used to a new bike, especially one with a display that says turbo on it!!

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales

Mate, I feel for you. Actually just been downloading the "what three words" app for just an eventuality. Maybe need to get that on the phone for when the ranger isn't there and the recovery is done!
All the best for the recovery, and hope the bike was OK ?.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

Get well soon- sorry to hear about your accident

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Get well soon- sorry to hear about your accident
Thanks Rob, it's mountain biking, we all know what can happen. In my case, I ran out of talent gapping a drainage channel & went down with the ship ? I would say a Stilus is quite heavy & the long chainstay makes lifting the front wheel something you should try a few times to get the hang of before trying to go all Brendog!

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Hope your ok mate. Those drainage channels are front wheel hookers..heal up well buddy.

+1 for what3words. It’s what the emergency services use to find you in the sticks..It’s free :)

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire

Get well man, used to regularly dislocate my shoulder, horrible stuff, Can’t imagine what would be like with the extra bone breaks etc .

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Sounds painful !!! You still sound positive though so that's a good start ! How's the bike - or is the ranger riding around with a big smile on his face ???

I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to fall off a bike ... ;):cry: Get well soon.

I thought there would be several posts saying "Shit man. So anyway, you can't ride properly for a few weeks have you thought about selling the bike, I'll give you £xxx above purchase price" ..... o_O:) .. Maybe you just have a lot of PM's with offers ! :cool:

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to fall off a bike ... ;):cry: Get well soon.
Neither can I!! Been riding decades & never had one like that, flinty hard packed chalk too & I took a split second decision to take that trail over the adjacent soft grassy one, which I've spent a bit of timr thinking about.

Thing is, it's just a crash, everyone crashes sooner or later & you can't let it keep you down. Riding is too much fun for that, so a bit of time healing & then we get on with it, right?

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire

Hope you have a speed y recovery..

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan

Healing vibes!

We all crash, well I do anyway! :LOL:

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Cheers lads but I'm hogging the thread now, let's get back to the upgrades, routes, steeze & all that. (y)

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Cheers lads but I'm hogging the thread now, let's get back to the upgrades, routes, steeze & all that. (y)
[/QUOTE
?? Hope you're back in the saddle soon @RustyMTB ??

Friday afternoon 'what3words' quiz anyone?
First one to post which international airport is nearest to; rust.shoulders.broken
gets a (y) from everyone else!
Ndjili International Airport - Kinshasa
Just by chance, I was passing that spot as you posted ?. Just trialling battery life and will see if I can get home on red.
Honestly, this is what rehab advice and having to take it easy does for you ?. Though out tomorrow for sure ?.

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Very fun first ride in the foothills of the Pennines with the Stilus & a Levo HT 2020. Pure fun climbing up and speeding down hills, I struggled a bit with technical stuff due to having not ridden for a fair while due to health. Found the tires a bit chunky on technical areas, tho managed to just blast over alot of stuff with the power of the Bosch, fell off a couple of times trying to deal with deep channels in moorland trails (need to be careful!) Did feel very low peddle wise and didn’t always feel the confidence after a few strikes , hopefully that will come with practice, need to also do my sus set up, maybe 29er on front will help an all. Got stuck in a bog, walk assist was very helpful. Upgraded handlebars to 800mm x 38 rise nukeproof horizon v2 alloy and Ergon Ga3 Grips, cockpit feels great and control/reach/stability greatly improved, I’m 6ft 2.
8E0E24FD-2401-4135-B470-D9B3C9E94E33.jpeg
B90246F6-0942-4E10-AC44-B46E480EF34B.jpeg
711A0217-B1A5-4285-9445-63C3326D842E.jpeg
2754EA94-18DE-45E7-84A2-33A7A9402FE0.jpeg

Drsooty

Jul 10, 2020
Lancashire
Thats the polar opposite of my experience. I was worried what the delivery would be like to be honest after reading a few things about bike deliveries recently. Mine was secured by loads of foam pads in the box (its more or less filled my wheelie bin when removed) and wrapped very well, took ages to get it all off it was zip tied to every surface it seemed. everything was already tight and ready to go bar the bits you fit on yourself obviously. Only done an hour or so on it and think its going to be a lot of fun. As others have said, saddle is like sitting on a spike so that will be being changed fairly early on I think and probably the grips, but zipping up some killer hills in turbo mode to get to the fun stuff won't get old I don't think . Will leave most of the rest of it as is for now and see how I get on, although might get a smaller water bottle its a bit tight. Bike should be fine for my meagre abilities for now! :)

View attachment 37009
Mine was the same. Well packed and ready to go!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles