Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
How’s the other saddle on your wife’s? Any better?

I went for the Ergon SM E-Mountain saddle as I mention in my review. Not convinced though, better than the stock one for sure but not perfect if there is such a thing. I think it’s a love it or hate it thing.

Ergon just released an updated version of this saddle which sounds pretty impressive but it’s double the price at 150 euros I think and without trying it I’m not sure I want to take a punt on it.

Some people went for the Selle SMP Trk Geo saddle which you can see on Amazon, looks comfortable but not tried it though.
Wife's is just as comfy as mine with the added bonus of the pvc cover is already peeling off.... Quality is not a word that springs to mind

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Have to say as the owner of several dropper posts, from the cheap as chips Brand X to the full Kashima bling Fox factory, I can tell bugger all difference between them in terms of the posts themselves, fitting a decent remote however is a game changer, and IMO at least makes more of a difference than the post itself - my brand x with a Wolftooth remote was much better than my Fox Factory with the stock fox remote, and the fox factory was much better when I fitted a decent remote to it.

I only bought the Fox Factory dropper to match my forks, after all the trails are nothing more than a glorified catwalk ;)

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
Ok been a busy day at work so only had chance to open the box and see what’s inside. Seemed to be a bit of a mess as though everything had been thrown in. ☹️
So I have pedals, charger(UK lol), keys, reflectors for wheels, three Allen keys, front light.

So I think i am missing a pedal spanner and rear light? Think a trip to the Store is needed tomorrow (only 5 mins away).

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
This was also in the box?

9E10063A-D6DB-4D0B-A790-82367EEC9E92.jpeg

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Ok been a busy day at work so only had chance to open the box and see what’s inside. Seemed to be a bit of a mess as though everything had been thrown in. ☹
So I have pedals, charger(UK lol), keys, reflectors for wheels, three Allen keys, front light.

So I think i am missing a pedal spanner and rear light? Think a trip to the Store is needed tomorrow (only 5 mins away).
And a bell

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
You might also want to get a shock pump if you dont have one already?
With that in mind does anyone have a recommendation for one?
I don’t have anything as this is a new sport for me. Store is only 5 mins away so going to act really dumb (not difficult for me) and see what they say. Going to buy things bit by bit as and when I need them.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You will need a shock pump striaght away, as you need it to set up the suspension correctly.

decathlon do a perfectly decent one - the critical thing to remember is to use the same pump when you adjust your settings as you will get slight variations in reading between different pumps.

MichalZ

Jun 29, 2020
Bedford
You will need a shock pump striaght away, as you need it to set up the suspension correctly.

decathlon do a perfectly decent one - the critical thing to remember is to use the same pump when you adjust your settings as you will get slight variations in reading between different pumps.

I think this is the best guide on YouTube for suspension setup

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think this is the best guide on YouTube for suspension setup
There a whole section on the forum that will help, with links to all the best info:

obsidian

Jun 26, 2020
Croatia
Can anybody compare front chainrings? How many tooth do they have? Also, i can see some have chainguard, other dont (by the pictures).

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Don’t just hate it when that happens! ?

Hopefully they told you which company they are using so you can track it. Mine is shown as shipped, with a tracking number, but no indication as to who’s delivering it. ??‍♂️
The carrier is Panther according to the shipping email.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles