Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
It’s not for me, but in support of the guy asking, which one of the four sizes mentioned in that shot of the manual is it?

Good shout, didn’t even read what was on picture of the manual :D

I don’t have a gauge to accurately measure it but it looks like 30.9mm to me. Difficult to pull it out to measure accurately given the internal cable routing.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Oh so the 13mm spanner doesn’t come in the box?

It comes with all the Allen Keys and the Spanner so your all good.

And to the earlier question, a 6a High Speed Bosch charger which is the most expensive one they do...

6D12C55A-C99F-489B-ACF8-A660352F8957.jpeg

weescotsman

Jun 26, 2020
Scotland
I also have a long body, shorter legs and I am also used to medium traditional frames so you should be all good.
That describes me perfectly, I am 5ft 9 but only have 29 inch legs. I went for the large. It is perfect, the reach if spot on, yes the stand
OK, so guys, for those who have taken delivery already, what does the bike come with then? Charger, obviously, adapter... sometimes? What about shock pump and/or else?
pretty much only comes with a charger, adapter is a bonus as is a bell ??

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Could start a new poll on here....WHATS IN THE BOX......OR.......HOW GREASY WAS YOUR BIKE ..........on that last note mine looked like the guy assembling the bike wiped it down with the same rag he wiped his hands with when greasing up the bearings...?????

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Good shout, didn’t even read what was on picture of the manual :D

I don’t have a gauge to accurately measure it but it looks like 30.9mm to me. Difficult to pull it out to measure accurately given the internal cable routing.
It’s easy to check . You just undo the seat collar and then pull the seat post up until you see the marking that says the size on back of the seat post . If you need more slack the just pull push cable Sle in from the front , it’s easy , this is how you take it out too .
Can’t get my head asking why people think this is a hard job to do .
This is an actual deal breaker for me as my missis don’t want it if her seat post won’t fit .
This is an actual deal breaker for me as my missis don’t want it if her seat post won’t fit .
There is a few owners and not one real answer !

frustrating . Will have To see what rob says when he gets his .

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
It’s easy to check . You just undo the seat collar and then pull the seat post up until you see the marking that says the size on back of the seat post . If you need more slack the just pull push cable Sle in from the front , it’s easy , this is how you take it out too .
Can’t get my head asking why people think this is a hard job to do .
There is a few owners and not one real answer !

frustrating . Will have To see what rob says when he gets his .
Will take a look around 10am when I'm home,didn't even have time for a ride out yesterday so sorry couldn't be more helpful

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Ok thanks mate much appreciated. Now it’s up to the missis if she still wants the bike or wait for something else .

Personally, I wouldn’t be basing a whole bike purchase around whether a dropper you already own would fit?!

Her Wolf Tooth lever can be moved to the new bike, and it’d be better to sell the old 31.6 dropper on.

Jonos

Jun 25, 2020
Bracknell
My wife’s dropper is 31.6 .. it won’t fit the tube . Seatpost diameter on the bike is to small .

she has her Own Fox factory with wolf tooth lever to go into her next bike .
Sell the Fox Factory Transfer 31.6 dropper and the KS Rage 30.9 dropper with lever that comes with the bike and buy a brand new Fox Factory Transfer 30.9. Job done. ?

Jonos

Jun 25, 2020
Bracknell
What's everyone replacing the saddle with...not the most comfortable in the world, I know it's all down to body shape........i can send in a picture of my arse if this helps ?????????
Is this the Selle Italia X1? I'd be looking to change to the emtb specific Ergon SM E-Mountain Sport Saddle. RRP £79.99 but on Tredz for £66.99 plus an extra £5 off with voucher code.

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Is this the Selle Italia X1? I'd be looking to change to the emtb specific Ergon SM E-Mountain Sport Saddle. RRP £79.99 but on Tredz for £66.99 plus an extra £5 off with voucher code.
NOT sure what it is.... Some sort of French revenge for the whole brexit fiasco.

IMG_20200707_173050.jpg

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
How’s the other saddle on your wife’s? Any better?

I went for the Ergon SM E-Mountain saddle as I mention in my review. Not convinced though, better than the stock one for sure but not perfect if there is such a thing. I think it’s a love it or hate it thing.

Ergon just released an updated version of this saddle which sounds pretty impressive but it’s double the price at 150 euros I think and without trying it I’m not sure I want to take a punt on it.

Some people went for the Selle SMP Trk Geo saddle which you can see on Amazon, looks comfortable but not tried it though.

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
I think i can honestly say i have never waited so long with so much anticipation as i am for this bike. Due date is still Monday. The wait feels like forever though.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Yep likewise. I’ve checked on my order today and today it shows as shipped and still due to be delivered in store on 14th. Hopefully it might be sooner ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles