Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Simoni

Jul 1, 2020
Gloucester
Hahaha, I love that t-shirt! I reckon we should all wear it on at least out first day out on the bike.

BTW, Stilus in stock again in L and XL since about 10.30 this morning.
Money still not back on my account from my previous cancelled order, but ordered a second one nonetheless. We'll see if I get two in the end, ?
I have five cancellations so far , feeling lucky about today’s attempt ?

weescotsman

Jun 26, 2020
Scotland
Well I collected mine today. 8 hours in the car and all I can say is it is worth it.
20200706_190502.jpg

weescotsman

Jun 26, 2020
Scotland
Just back from a quick 10 miles to try it out. Absolutely brilliant. I cannot believe how good the motor is and how much punch it has. Although at the start of the first climb which is very steep, I had it in turbo and was really struggling to get anywhere. I thought I would never get up the hill and was thinking ebikes are meant to be easy, this is brutal.
20200706_192918.jpg
Only to remember that I had gears and that I was in 10th gear ????. Excellent bike and very good service from the guys at Decathlon. I will have to change the seat, pedals and grips as they are rubbish. You are going to enjoy this bike, trust me.

StilusBoy79

Mar 31, 2020
Uk
I will have to change the seat, pedals and grips as they are rubbish. You are going to enjoy this bike, trust me.

Glad to hear it lives up to the hype!

I wonder will u be leaving the bell on? I put mine back on after a couple of weeks as there are so many folk walking about post Covid.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Can anybody who has the bike tell me what size the seatpost is . My missis wants the bike and she had her own fox factory seat post of 31.6 . She’s also got my original Lyrik rc2 2019 with upgraded 2.1 , they are 160 so would like to see if anybody had put 160 forks on it as this could make it too slack for what it’s meant for .
Thanks

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Wonder what software version is on it. I know it won’t be the very latest as that hasn’t come out yet. Get mine tomorrow ?

My bet is 1.0.2 as that’s what I got even though 1.0.3 has been out a long time.

Doubt Decathlon would have the new 1.0.4 SW we are all looking forward to...

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
So I though I would join in with my two penneth.

Yes the decathlon website is really frustrating. I was sent an email on 29th June to say the bike was available in XL, I logged on, put it in my basket and despite it being available it won't go through to payment. It was only available for home delivery at this point so I called the Stockport store to be told that I couldn't order it in store, WHAT!!! This was when the store was open and accepting customers. I was also told that I couldn't have it delivered to store. I suspect the two French accented gents I spoke to weren't as clued up as their titles would have you believe. I will put it down to the general chaos and ever changing picture that CV19 has brought.

Back onto the website to try again, nope orders for the day were full. Realising that others would also have issues I tried again a short time later. This time it was available and more to the point I could have it delivered to store. The funds were paid and I waited for the order to be confirmed being told this could take up to 24hrs. How mad is that? This sort of thing happened in the early days of e-commerce and it just shows how antiquated the system must be.

So 30th June the order is confirmed with an expected delivery date of 14th July. I will give them then this one of the grounds of reduced workplace staff and the high demand. Currently it is shown as "Prepared" on my account page and "In Preparation" on the tracking page. It has been like this since 4th July. The next step is "Shipped".

So here is my first question. I would be interested to know of the time scales in between the stages that others have experienced.
And in keeping with the CV19 daily briefings a not so sneaky second one, just how comfortable or not is the saddle. Have you swapped it out to something suitable for hours of riding?

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Can anybody who has the bike tell me what size the seatpost is . My missis wants the bike and she had her own fox factory seat post of 31.6 . She’s also got my original Lyrik rc2 2019 with upgraded 2.1 , they are 160 so would like to see if anybody had put 160 forks on it as this could make it too slack for what it’s meant for .
Thanks

1594129475580533863998767969636.jpg

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
So I though I would join in with my two penneth.

Yes the decathlon website is really frustrating. I was sent an email on 29th June to say the bike was available in XL, I logged on, put it in my basket and despite it being available it won't go through to payment. It was only available for home delivery at this point so I called the Stockport store to be told that I couldn't order it in store, WHAT!!! This was when the store was open and accepting customers. I was also told that I couldn't have it delivered to store. I suspect the two French accented gents I spoke to weren't as clued up as their titles would have you believe. I will put it down to the general chaos and ever changing picture that CV19 has brought.

Back onto the website to try again, nope orders for the day were full. Realising that others would also have issues I tried again a short time later. This time it was available and more to the point I could have it delivered to store. The funds were paid and I waited for the order to be confirmed being told this could take up to 24hrs. How mad is that? This sort of thing happened in the early days of e-commerce and it just shows how antiquated the system must be.

So 30th June the order is confirmed with an expected delivery date of 14th July. I will give them then this one of the grounds of reduced workplace staff and the high demand. Currently it is shown as "Prepared" on my account page and "In Preparation" on the tracking page. It has been like this since 4th July. The next step is "Shipped".

So here is my first question. I would be interested to know of the time scales in between the stages that others have experienced.
And in keeping with the CV19 daily briefings a not so sneaky second one, just how comfortable or not is the saddle. Have you swapped it out to something suitable for hours of riding?
hi
Created/ordered 26/06
Processing 26/06
In preparation 01/07
Shipped 05/07.

Most people have changed the saddle I get mine tomorrow. Could have had it Monday but couldn’t do it till tomorrow

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles