Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
The spec on this bike for the price is amazing. What are the wheels like to remove? I’ve read somewhere they are not that easy?

StilusBoy79

Mar 31, 2020
Uk
While im waiting for mine ive been looking at the first upgrades ill do.
Ill wait and see what the saddle and grips are like but if no good ill get my standard favourite ones.
I did think i should probably protect the paintwork but cant find a kit. Ill get a lezyne chain stay protector but is there an invisiframe type solution available for it?

Best upgrades, apparently:

Volspeed3

Some glasses for flies

Night lights

Metal pedals

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
Best upgrades, apparently:

Volspeed3

Some glasses for flies

Night lights

Metal pedals
Ill be using some old shimano spd pedals i have had for years. Cant get on with flats anymore.
Glasses are already covered.
Im looking at the Lupine SLX for lighting.

no idea what volspeed 3 is so away to google it. Cheers, Rob.

Edit: i see the volspeed is a tuner/derestriction. Im planning on leaving it as is for a while. If i need or want more speed later ill take a look. In all seriousness i cant see me derestricting the bike.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Mines due in about a week

B73B0034-D1E3-43B5-A86A-6E56442EA692.jpeg

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
has anyone gone tubeless? just noticed the rims are tubeless ready, but the tyres say they are not

Yes, rims and tyres are both tubeless ready, you just need to buy the new valves and sealant.

I put a link to what I used to convert mine in my Stilus review on this forum.

The main thing you need to know is how to unseat the tyres from rims as they are super tight to say the least. Which does make re-inflating them pretty easy to be fair which is the good news!

Short answer - To get them off the rim you need to stand on them (you can thank me later ?)...

slimsimmons1984

Jun 18, 2020
Bridgend
cheers Phil, I can get some ordered to be delivered the same time as the bike

Yes, rims and tyres are both tubeless ready, you just need to buy the new valves and sealant.

I put a link to what I used to convert mine in my Stilus review on this forum.

The main thing you need to know is how to unseat the tyres from rims as they are super tight to say the least. Which does make re-inflating them pretty easy to be fair which is the good news!

Short answer - To get them off the rim you need to stand on them (you can thank me later ?)...

MikeDozer

May 25, 2020
Poland
That they are tubeless compatibile. I cant find info from manufacturer that they are. I tried make old hans dampf tubeless and i failed (they wasnt TR).
But i think i will try with those smart sams.
@PhilBaker are they folded or wire?

Last edited:

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Same as mine. Hope there's two on the van?.
Just caught up on the full 17 pages of this thread due to being sidelined with two heart attacks in the last few months while being in the process of ordering the stilus! (BTW, the process didn't cause the attacks-well, I don't think so).
Anyway, 2 months of trying to order has paid off and its coming next Monday-hopefully Intime for rehab exercise ??.
While I/we have been going through this ordering nightmare, I (like others) got to thinking that we are all like some sort of "Band of Brothers" in this, and as such, wiled away some hours in my hospital bed, designing a T shirt that my wife has got printed in preparation for the big day (delivery, she's had enough of waiting too). I have attached the design and also what it looks like on the shirt. I ordered from Vista print and it came looking good and is good quality at under 12 quid. Thought it may be a nice touch to start a fashion statement regarding our collective trials and perseverance!
Just a thought, I hope the bloody bike turns up or I will be selling the T for a reduced price in a week or so on this very forum ??.

1592925599993_Screenshot_20200623-160320~2.png

Screenshot_20200625_124716_com.android.chrome.jpg

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
Hahaha, I love that t-shirt! I reckon we should all wear it on at least out first day out on the bike.

BTW, Stilus in stock again in L and XL since about 10.30 this morning.
Money still not back on my account from my previous cancelled order, but ordered a second one nonetheless. We'll see if I get two in the end, ?

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Hahaha, I love that t-shirt! I reckon we should all wear it on at least out first day out on the bike.

BTW, Stilus in stock again in L and XL since about 10.30 this morning.
Money still not back on my account from my previous cancelled order, but ordered a second one nonetheless. We'll see if I get two in the end, ?
Plan is to post the pic just as you said-first ride/first day. Maybe get some royalties from Decathlon (or whoever the hell makes 'em) ??.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
That they are tubeless compatibile. I cant find info from manufacturer that they are. I tried make old hans dampf tubeless and i failed (they wasnt TR).
But i think i will try with those smart sams.
@PhilBaker are they folded or wire?

Ah, gotcha.

So yes, same as you, nowhere on the entire internet does it say they are Tubeless ready tyres, but I did see a couple of guys had tried it and thought I’d do the same.

I believe they are wire and are extremely tight fitting to the rim, hence the need to stand on them to get them to unseat.

I’ve been riding them tubeless for a couple of months now and zero issues. Sidewalks seem pretty decent too and they roll well.

Are they the best tubeless tyres in the world, no, but they seem to work pretty well in my view. Not tried running them at the low below 20PSI pressures some people on here ride, but they have performed well in the 20-30psi range for me. HTH

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles