Cube or Fantic

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Ah okay, thanks for letting me know guys. Not sure if it's me getting it wrong, he said that the 2023 is the one with a new system that allows you to connect your phone to the bike and adjust the modes i.e tweek/tune them. I did wonder why I'd ever want to do that but I certainly like the idea of having an app on my phone where I can check data when I'm not using the bike. Can you do that with the 2022 models?
What others have said, he's wrong it's the same software on the 2022 models. I have one myself!

Trowernator

Jun 1, 2020
East Sussex
Digging this up from the grave.

I have finally gotten around to finding a bike. Although I have gone down the second hand route. I haven't actually purchased it yet but its in the bag for Saturday.

Decided not to buy a brand new one as I just felt it was to expensive for me right now.

I've found a Cube Stereo Hybrid HPC TM 160 2021 in Grey. Has just over 700 miles on it for £3100

Does someone have a quick break down on the difference in models as there seems to be quite a few i.e Race, TM, SL etc.

Just want to know if I'm going for the right one. This particular one is literally around the corner from me which is ideal.

Is this a good deal? Seems so but then I found a brand new Race for just under £4000. Both have been attached.

Screenshot_20230406_093548_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20230406_185953_Chrome.jpg

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Comparing a brand new bike to an used one is unfair. It looks like the 2021 has upgraded fork, shock and brakes though...
and hasn't even had the charge port busted yet ;)

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
I'd be temted to go for a 2022 discounted model if you can as they have the new Bosch smart system with a 750wh battery

Have you looked for a second hand 2022 model? For the exact reasons listed, there was an increase in battery capacity and the smart system was fitted on the 2022 bikes.

The difference between SL, TM, action team and SLT (apart from paint job) is different shocks and forks, different brakes, drivetrains and wheels.
The frame/battery/motor is the same across the range.
TM in my opinion was the best bang for buck when it was new, decent components and price with the action team and SLT being better spec but that was reflected in the price.
Race I think was bottom of the range.
The specs can all be found on cubes website to compare.

Trowernator

Jun 1, 2020
East Sussex
T
Have you looked for a second hand 2022 model? For the exact reasons listed, there was an increase in battery capacity and the smart system was fitted on the 2022 bikes.

The difference between SL, TM, action team and SLT (apart from paint job) is different shocks and forks, different brakes, drivetrains and wheels.
The frame/battery/motor is the same across the range.
TM in my opinion was the best bang for buck when it was new, decent components and price with the action team and SLT being better spec but that was reflected in the price.
Race I think was bottom of the range.
The specs can all be found on cubes website to compare.
Thanks dude. I ended buying the TM and I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with it
20230408_170232.jpg

Matt van

Jun 1, 2023
Canberra ACT
I have a Cube and their support has been great, I have heard lots of people have them. the Fantic I haven't heard of but it could be an up-and-comer?? Cube has been good for me

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles