Cracked allmtn 7

Ste.g89

Feb 5, 2021
Manchester
Hi I have an allmtn 7 that’s cracked and Haibike won’t warranty it just wondering how many others have had this issue. The frame has 5 years warranty on this model and I’ve only had it for 3 years

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Hi I have an allmtn 7 that’s cracked and Haibike won’t warranty it just wondering how many others have had this issue. The frame has 5 years warranty on this model and I’ve only had it for 3 years
What's their reason for refusing?

Ste.g89

Feb 5, 2021
Manchester
Can we see pics of what it looks like ? How did it crack ? Where did it crack ?
Was on a local trail went through a rocky section got to the bottom and my battery cover had come loose so when I looked to put it back on seen this

IMG_3575.jpeg IMG_3576.jpeg IMG_3574.jpeg

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
😮 Jaysus!

I can't imagine how much force would need to be applied to the frame to fracture it in not one but two places, both of which are strong areas too.

If theres no other damage on the bike I can't see how Haibike could possibly say this was anything other than a catastrophic warranty failure.

Ste.g89

Feb 5, 2021
Manchester
😮 Jaysus!

I can't imagine how much force would need to be applied to the frame to fracture it in not one but two places, both of which are strong areas too.

If theres no other damage on the bike I can't see how Haibike could possibly say this was anything other than a catastrophic warranty failure.
This is the argument I’m having with them now, they said it’s either been squashed or I’ve landed on my front wheel which has caused it to do this. But if either one of them were true then the bike would obviously have more damage on it ie bent forks wheels or bars. And even landing on the front wheel shouldn’t cause that issue not unless it was over a ridiculous sized jump.

I’m just going to carry on pursuing it and see what happens, it’s not even as if the bikes had a hard life it only gets used for commuting and a power hour round the local trails

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Take many many pictures from different angles with the manufacturer name in as many pics as possible. Send them those pictures.

Explain to them that you would like to warn others on how this particular frame can fail. You know …your duty to warn others 😉.

See what happens???

My buddy broke his TT frame …replaced for free.

Ste.g89

Feb 5, 2021
Manchester
Take many many pictures from different angles with the manufacturer name in as many pics as possible. Send them those pictures.

Explain to them that you would like to warn others on how this particular frame can fail. You know …your duty to warn others 😉.

See what happens???

My buddy broke his TT frame …replaced for free.
The bikes already at she shop I originally bought it from now and they haven’t really pushed it they told me it’s not covered so I’ve contacted Haibike myself and now they are telling me it’s not covered. So I can’t get anymore photos and I don’t want to pick it up because then I feel like once I’ve taken it from the shop they will cut all ties with it and it’ll be harder for me to sort out

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
The bikes already at she shop I originally bought it from now and they haven’t really pushed it they told me it’s not covered so I’ve contacted Haibike myself and now they are telling me it’s not covered. So I can’t get anymore photos and I don’t want to pick it up because then I feel like once I’ve taken it from the shop they will cut all ties with it and it’ll be harder for me to sort out
I see, it can be a bit of a process.

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
I'd take it to a carbon repair place and get it fully inspected in terms of 'how can this have been caused'. I expect it'll cost a bit though.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Seems odd to me that their description claims “mastering jumps…” and then whining about someone landing on front wheel, that’s just idiotic excuse, cause of course that will happen! In warranty exclusions they list stunt riding “eg wheelies”… are those clowns serious, have they never pulled a manual (wheelie) over obstacle?!
From your pics I don’t see a dent or signs of crushing, the photos just look like cracks from a weak frame.

IMG_8257.png IMG_8256.png

edruid

Jun 11, 2022
Gloucestershire
While your beef is with Haibike, the only place you can apply pressure is the retailer. You won't get anywhere with Habike, the retailer won't get anywhere with Haibike. The only give you're gonna get is with the shop. I don't envy the shops ATM...

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
While your beef is with Haibike, the only place you can apply pressure is the retailer. You won't get anywhere with Habike, the retailer won't get anywhere with Haibike. The only give you're gonna get is with the shop. I don't envy the shops ATM...
Its always worth a try: couple decades ago I took an auto mfg to small claims court over a defect issue… they were so surprised they just paid the claim. I had a problem with a shipment from Africa being mishandled and damaged by Dutch Gov’t Customs, after 10 months of back & forth communications, excuses and power plays they paid for damages and compensated me and seller in Kenya. My son had issue with big bike brand over a paint failure they initially tried to dodge with some BS until he persisted with logic disputing them… he got a new frame via warranty.
So, one can choose to just roll over or hold mfg to account.

Ste.g89

Feb 5, 2021
Manchester
The local bike shop I bought it from hasn’t pushed at all so I emailed the shop and copied Haibike into the email and the bike shop never responded but Haibike did but making excuses about it. I’m still going to pursue it myself, for me the shop should push it as I’m a customer and for the customer service side of things they should do everything they can for for me and fight for my side but they haven’t they told me from day 1 they don’t think it will get warranted which for me just means they won’t even try for me

edruid

Jun 11, 2022
Gloucestershire
Its always worth a try: couple decades ago I took an auto mfg to small claims court over a defect issue… they were so surprised they just paid the claim. I had a problem with a shipment from Africa being mishandled and damaged by Dutch Gov’t Customs, after 10 months of back & forth communications, excuses and power plays they paid for damages and compensated me and seller in Kenya. My son had issue with big bike brand over a paint failure they initially tried to dodge with some BS until he persisted with logic disputing them… he got a new frame via warranty.
So, one can choose to just roll over or hold mfg to account.
Nowadays with cycles You'd have to deal with the 3rd party UK distributor to get to the manufacturer, it's a fog designed to decouple responsibility #corporateworld :(

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Nowadays with cycles You'd have to deal with the 3rd party UK distributor to get to the manufacturer, it's a fog designed to decouple responsibility #corporateworld :(
There is no more "fog" than there has always been, it's contract law.

It is a question of who your contract is with. This link might help:

Last edited:

Ste.g89

Feb 5, 2021
Manchester
The bike is insured too but will that make my insurance go up if I claim for it? I can claim I’ve looked into it and it is covered for this sort of thing but still if it’s going to cost me I’d rather not but last resort is it worth it?

edruid

Jun 11, 2022
Gloucestershire
The bike is insured too but will that make my insurance go up if I claim for it? I can claim I’ve looked into it and it is covered for this sort of thing but still if it’s going to cost me I’d rather not but last resort is it worth it?
A new frame is going to be >1000, if you can claim, claim IMO

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles