Chainring guard and guide for Bosch CX gen4

chrisQ

Apr 22, 2021
Belgium
hello all
I ride a Cube Stereo Hybrid 120 (2021) with a the latest Bosch CX Gen4 motor. It has a 38 tooth chainring on the crank.
I find that this chainring + chain is sticking out under the engine plastic 'bashguard', about 1 cm . With the former gen3 motor, there was a very small chainring, and no risk of crashing the chain against a log in the woods...as i tend to do sometimes.
My bike already has a chainguide on top from E*13 off factory.
Looking at the bolt hole pattern around the BB and some comments on internet , i bought online a ISCG05 compatible bashguard/chainguide .
But the 3 hole pattern on the Bosch seem to be in a smaller circle than the IOSCG05 standard - it does not fit.

Is anyone familiar with that? Does Bosch use a different bolt pattern for chainguides ? any ideas for an alternative?

thanks
Chris

Capture3.JPG

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
hello all
I ride a Cube Stereo Hybrid 120 (2021) with a the latest Bosch CX Gen4 motor. It has a 38 tooth chainring on the crank.
I find that this chainring + chain is sticking out under the engine plastic 'bashguard', about 1 cm . With the former gen3 motor, there was a very small chainring, and no risk of crashing the chain against a log in the woods...as i tend to do sometimes.
Looking at the bolt hole pattern around the BB and some comments on internet , i bought online a ISCG05 compatible bashguard/chainguide .
But the 3 hole pattern on the Bosch seem to be in a smaller circle than the IOSCG05 standard - it does not fit.

Is anyone familiar with that? Does Bosch use a different bolt pattern for chainguides ? any ideas for an alternative?

thanks
Chris

View attachment 59429
I see this post being over 2yrs old. But I am also looking for a chainring bash guard for my Bosch CX Race Gen4 motor with a 36T chainring. I currently have an e*thirteen chain guide as well. I’m curious if the Nukeproof chain guide ISCG 05 top guide with bash guard would work?

Doug85

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
I see this post being over 2yrs old. But I am also looking for a chainring bash guard for my Bosch CX Race Gen4 motor with a 36T chainring. I currently have an e*thirteen chain guide as well. I’m curious if the Nukeproof chain guide ISCG 05 top guide with bash guard would work?
This is the one I'm looking at for my 160 action team the nukeproof one in 2 parts top and bottom both separates, I was looking at the ztto one and others just last night at the mount holes on the motor but it looks like I'd need to cut away alot of the plastic to fit it flush with the motor on a 2023/24 action team I just got in Jan 2024 I have the 36t e-thirteen crank and chain ring to but even the nukeproof one is still going to need some sort of shim spacer to bring it more towards the chain ring as to much plastic cover covering it! I'm away to have a other look at it and see if I can 3D print a spacer for it to mount to or something il

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I used "REVERSE Components Chain guide ISCG 05" which fitted using the original bolts (on 2022 Trek Rail 5). Flips up when you want to clean or take the chain off the chain ring.

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
I ended up purchasing a 3Pinnovations printed BashGuard and modified it to bolt to my existing e*thirteen mount. The other bolt threads into an unused threaded motor bolt hole. Luckily I bought several of these bashguards and modified them all so I can replace as needed. They are now unavailable on Amazon, and my first one installed has already taken a few hits…..better than my chain and chainring.

IMG_6657.jpeg IMG_6656.jpeg IMG_6664.jpeg IMG_6672.jpeg IMG_6665.jpeg IMG_6666.jpeg

Doug85

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
hello all

thanks
Chris

View attachment 59429
There is 2 option ls when choosing this is seen when looking last night for the size part number that IOSCG05
I used "REVERSE Components Chain guide ISCG 05" which fitted using the original bolts (on 2022 Trek Rail 5). Flips up when you want to clean or take the chain off the chain ring.
I'll take a look at that one cheers, I have the cube action team the carbon frame cones out past the motor at the top a good half inch so with the nukeproof one and others I'm thinking I may need 3 bits of tub ING ti use as spacers from the motor mounts to bring the plate out and inline with the rear of the chain ring. I'll maybe try 3D print one as a prototype just to check the actual fitting as looking at the frame I'll be lucky to get one on the cube stereo from the BB area! There is 2 mounting holes for cubes own in the frame around whare you would find a front mech but in the fat carbon seatpost, I might go for the easy option and put an outter solid disc round the chain gaurd like on old DH bikes I had

Doug85

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
I ended up purchasing a 3Pinnovations printed BashGuard and modified it to bolt to my existing e*thirteen mount. The other bolt threads into an unused threaded motor bolt hole. Luckily I bought several of these bashguards and modified them all so I can replace as needed. They are now unavailable on Amazon, and my first one installed has already taken a few hits…..better than my chain and chainring.

View attachment 134732 View attachment 134733 View attachment 134736 View attachment 134737 View attachment 134738 View attachment 134739
Perfect that one

Doug85

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
Found this it should fit the cube stereo it's the bend I need to clear my frame as wide over top of motor thanks for everyone's help

Screenshot_20240219_125122_Google.jpg Screenshot_20240219_125148_Google.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles