Levo Gen 3 Cascade Link 2022+ Levo Long Shock Kit

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
I’ve been running the regular link for a while now, it’s definitely a noticeable difference and I think it was worth it. I used the X2 for about 50 miles before it ate itself, I’ve been on an EXT coil since. I have the long link kit still in the box, I’m on the S2 size so I’m really limited on what shocks will fit. I’ve been looking at just picking up an Öhlins TTX 2 air but then I’d have to get a new fork too, can’t be having mismatched suspension.

I will say that I’m currently back on an air shock since my EXT is away for service and I think I enjoy the air shock more.
Hi, why a ttx2 air instead of a ttx 1 air? The levo is not very progressive, it should be better with a more progressive shock absorber, am I wrong?!

TTX-Spring-Curves.jpg

However with E-storia I NEVER reach the bottom of the stroke, there is always 1 centimeter left even with HBC completely open and I don't understand why, I also tried with HSC and LSC open it doesn't change, sag 19% so I would like to play with TTX1Air

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
Hi, why a ttx2 air instead of a ttx 1 air? The levo is not very progressive, it should be better with a more progressive shock absorber, am I wrong?!

View attachment 140310

However with E-storia I NEVER reach the bottom of the stroke, there is always 1 centimeter left even with HBC completely open and I don't understand why, I also tried with HSC and LSC open it doesn't change, sag 19% so I would like to play with TTX1Air
The long link makes the bike more progressive, I think by like 15% or so. If I were using the stock link then I’d look at the TTX1. One of the guys I ride with has the TTX1 on the stock link and loves it.

Jun 12, 2020
lake Tahoe
Any thoughts on the Cascade Link on the Gen 3 Levo and affects on chain tension under load? It would seem to me that the change in the shock progression due to the link could in theory increase the chain tension and hence load on the Brose motor?

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Anybody has a comparison between the 160 mm link for the stock shock and this long link? I'm not a heavy rider so idk if I could justify buying another x2 for the long shock link and it also says that on newer model years clearance could not be working with the long shock kit.

JacMc2112

Sep 8, 2023
Austin,Tx USA
I’ve tried both. There really is no comparison. The long link transforms the rear end to a different level of plushness and traction. The standard cc link is an improvement but still hangs up on rough stuff compared to the long link. The X2 rubbed on my S3 with a long link so I went with Rock Shox super deluxe coil with HBO. Ride quality is superb.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
Anybody has a comparison between the 160 mm link for the stock shock and this long link? I'm not a heavy rider so idk if I could justify buying another x2 for the long shock link and it also says that on newer model years clearance could not be working with the long shock kit.
I’ve ran both, the 160 cascade link was a huge improvement over the stock set-up but the long link kit is a huge improvement over that. You may or may not be able to use certain shocks though, neither of my first 2 choices would fit without hitting the frame. I would say you could recoup a decent amount of money selling your stock shock but X2 resale values are shit. I practically had to give mine away to get rid of it, nobody wants them🤣😂

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread, its helped me enormously get my bike set up incredibly well. With all the frame clearance issues that are occuring with the Float X2 and vivid shock, but wanting to run air shock I went for the Fox float X on my Levo S5 and I couldn’t be happier.
It is a game changer, sooo much better than the stock x2 I had. The link and the float x are incredibly supple, so much traction going downhill and up, but what is amazing is I’m getting more pop and playfullness than I was getting on the stock X2 with shorter travel.
I’ve gone up to 170mm on the front fox 38, which complements the rear very well.
I haven’t measured any geo, but I’m getting less pedal strike, and the front end feels marginally slacker. The bikes handling has remained the playful and nimble joy that the turbo Levo offers, I couldn’t be happier.

For anyone wanting an X2 but concerned about clearance I highly recommend the float x with the cascade long shock link. It’s such a big improvement from stock over all areas.

For those interested I‘m 105kg (riding gear included) 189cm, Float x has 230 PSI and one volume spacer, compression open, rebound 4 clicks from open (fastest), fox 38 110PSI and one volume spacer. HSC open, LSC 4 clicks from open, HSR 2 clicks from open, LSR 4 clicks from open.

View attachment 135837 View attachment 135838
Can you comment about what Geo Setting you found best on the Levo. So many combo available, just interested in what you chose.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
Anyone here with a Cascade Long Shock Link and the Push SV8?
I am, still messing around with spring weights though. The spring Push recommended was too stiff, the spring that TF tuned recommended was too soft🤣😂 I’m waiting on a new spring now. Can’t really give any real feedback until I get the spring issue sorted.

eightdown

Nov 9, 2023
Canada
Ya, that's exactly my fear lol. I am right on the line between the A-Tune and B-tune (500-525lb spring). I ended up ordering the B-tune with a 525lb spring due to my riding style. It may be on the stiffer side but Push was adamant that it was the right call. Guess we'll see.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
Ya, that's exactly my fear lol. I am right on the line between the A-Tune and B-tune (500-525lb spring). I ended up ordering the B-tune with a 525lb spring due to my riding style. It may be on the stiffer side but Push was adamant that it was the right call. Guess we'll see.
Push told me to go with the 475lb spring, TF tuned said the 400lb. I’ve got a 450lb ordered now, should put me where I want to be but we’ll see. I’m still away on a golf holiday so won’t be back home for another week anyway.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Push told me to go with the 475lb spring, TF tuned said the 400lb. I’ve got a 450lb ordered now, should put me where I want to be but we’ll see. I’m still away on a golf holiday so won’t be back home for another week anyway.
how much do you weigh?

andymmiami

Jul 11, 2024
Miami, FL
I just recently bought a 230x65 super deluxe ultimate as a package with a front fork so I guess that tipped me into considering the long shock kit for my gen 3 Lego alloy (still need to buy the kit incase anyone wants to sell me one) and I’m curious to know what the consensus is on the megneg kit. Does the megneg kit help in conjunction with the long shock kit on the Levo or does the benefit of the increased progression negate the benefit of the megneg?

andymmiami

Jul 11, 2024
Miami, FL
As if I wasn’t confused enough already it looks like sram/ rockshox just came out with a new air can dubbed “DebonAir+ Linear XL air can” part number RS-UPK-LXL-A1 that seems to be the opposite of the megneg by increasing positive air chamber volume and I don’t know if that would be more ideal in conjunction with the cascade long link since that already increases the overall system progression.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
As if I wasn’t confused enough already it looks like sram/ rockshox just came out with a new air can dubbed “DebonAir+ Linear XL air can” part number RS-UPK-LXL-A1 that seems to be the opposite of the megneg by increasing positive air chamber volume and I don’t know if that would be more ideal in conjunction with the cascade long link since that already increases the overall system progression.
I would probably just try the shock as is, maybe spend the money on getting a custom tune instead. I don’t really see a point of the megneg with the long link kit though, too much progression can be a bad thing too.

andymmiami

Jul 11, 2024
Miami, FL
I couldn’t sleep last night so I was up even later trying to do a deeper dive on those canisters. It seems like the Megneg is essentially the same thing as rock shocks new “progressive” can it’s meant to try to make the air shock feel more progressive and the linear can adds more positive chamber volume to make the shock feel more like a coil.

But apparently only a progressive frame (like the cascade makes the levo turn into) you want a linear shock and on a linear frame you want a progressive shock.

But that’s as far as my brain could comprehend on the topic before I got tired.

eightdown

Nov 9, 2023
Canada
FYI, for anyone wondering about the Gen 3 Levo (S4) with a Cascade Long Shock kit and a Push SV8 (525LB Spring), I bottomed out on a jump that lands basically flat and this was the result:

PUSHsv8.jpg

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
FYI, for anyone wondering about the Gen 3 Levo (S4) with a Cascade Long Shock kit and a Push SV8 (525LB Spring), I bottomed out on a jump that lands basically flat and this was the result:

View attachment 145853
Ouch…I haven’t really ridden mine since getting the SV8. I’ve got the heavier spring on it now but haven’t had any free time to get out on it. Seeing this makes me worried though, I’ve cycled it through the travel and it seemed ok but that’s not the same as a bottom out from a jump.

eightdown

Nov 9, 2023
Canada
Ouch…I haven’t really ridden mine since getting the SV8. I’ve got the heavier spring on it now but haven’t had any free time to get out on it. Seeing this makes me worried though, I’ve cycled it through the travel and it seemed ok but that’s not the same as a bottom out from a jump.
Definitely doesn't leave me with a very confidence inspired feeling for my rides. I do like to hit some rather big stuff but even if I got a heavier spring and increased the compression, I will always have this in the back of my head.

andymmiami

Jul 11, 2024
Miami, FL
Out of curiosity, those of you using the super deluxe ultimate air shock with the long travel, how much roughly do you weigh and what settings did you find to be close to ideal for yourselves?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles