Bulltrack ebike price rises for ebikes.

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I saw this posted on the stw (same ten w@nkers) forum. Seeing as they at best ride recumbent gravel bikes, I would be interested in the opinion on here.
Not that this affects me, I've never been even though it's not too far away.
My opinion is I'm prepared to pay a bit more for an ebike as I'll get more runs in the same time period as a pedalbike. But charging nearly double is taking the piss.

"What does everyone think of this then?

My local spot (a bit more than trails, a little less than a bike park) Bull track has announced their membership prices for 2024:

Normal bike = £80 (raised from £55 a couple of years ago)

Ebike = £150 (introduced this year)

If you don’t know it, I guess I would summarise it as: Small, fun but poorly maintained, no facilities staff or costs apparent (bar insurance), very little progression for beginners and open approx March-October.

What do you think of those prices?"

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I saw this posted on the stw (same ten w@nkers) forum. Seeing as they at best ride recumbent gravel bikes, I would be interested in the opinion on here.
Not that this affects me, I've never been even though it's not too far away.
My opinion is I'm prepared to pay a bit more for an ebike as I'll get more runs in the same time period as a pedalbike. But charging nearly double is taking the piss.

"What does everyone think of this then?

My local spot (a bit more than trails, a little less than a bike park) Bull track has announced their membership prices for 2024:

Normal bike = £80 (raised from £55 a couple of years ago)

Ebike = £150 (introduced this year)

If you don’t know it, I guess I would summarise it as: Small, fun but poorly maintained, no facilities staff or costs apparent (bar insurance), very little progression for beginners and open approx March-October.

What do you think of those prices?"
Never been. But I wonder after 20 odd years what wanker number I am 🤣

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You forgot "Be a smug condescending prick who uses the victim card every time they called on it"
Also "Intransigent wanker who will absolutely never change their position on a topic"

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Its kind of annoying but I go a lot of times a season so it doesn't work out a lot per visit.

The lack of maintenance is beginning to annoy. It could really benefit from staffing properly. Both to check tickets and do a little maintenance on both the trails and the trees etc. I can only hope the extra money goes on that this year. During covid a couple of regulars dropped off coming and maintaining, and its gone a little downhill since then.

One thing with BT, the owner isn't running it as a profitable business. We should really just be grateful that he's even still got it open . The owner's son has moved onto motorcross, and they aren't around as much as they used to be due to that. I wonder how much longer it will even stay open.

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Its kind of annoying but I go a lot of times a season so it doesn't work out a lot per visit.

The lack of maintenance is beginning to annoy. It could really benefit from staffing properly. Both to check tickets and do a little maintenance on both the trails and the trees etc. I can only hope the extra money goes on that this year. During covid a couple of regulars dropped off coming and maintaining, and its gone a little downhill since then.

One thing with BT, the owner isn't running it as a profitable business. We should really just be grateful that he's even still got it open . The owner's son has moved onto motorcross, and they aren't around as much as they used to be due to that. I wonder how much longer it will even stay open.
There was another off-road place in that area years back I recall, porc or something like that?
Places seem to come and go, but it does feel like more are going currently.
My b1ke membership costs me £180 and last year I visited 50 times. I would still be pretty miffed and wouldn't renew if they doubled the price though.

Rikshaw

Jul 5, 2023
Sussex
Porc in Penshurst shutdown a while ago, I remember that place well. The Guy that ran all the races there opened his own place up following a fall out with the owner. I can sort of understand the ebike hike as you are technically riding the trails more than a regular rider pushing up. They have no uplift there and it is a thing all bike parks seem to be jumping on. But to be fair if your local and ride that often enough your still saving money in the long run, then buying a day ticket. I suppose if you can afford an ebike a little extra to ride the season wont hurt.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles