Brakes seems to be set up incorrectly?

NMK

Sep 14, 2022
Budapest
Hi All,
My LBS set up my new Magura MT7 last week and this is the wear pattern. I guess I have to put some more spacers in to align the pads to rotor better?
Thanks for any comments.

IMG_0198 2.jpeg IMG_0200.jpeg

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
The pistons actually look fairly central from the pics. If you look closely you should be able to see where the top and bottom of the pad material line up with the rotor. Then you can work out if you need to move or add an extra washer to space it out.

NMK

Sep 14, 2022
Budapest
The pistons actually look fairly central from the pics. If you look closely you should be able to see where the top and bottom of the pad material line up with the rotor. Then you can work out if you need to move or add an extra washer to space it out.
Thanks for the advise. I will check later and probably bring it to my LBS as this was just mounted last week and I only did about 40 kms on it.
It looks like the outer edge of the pads are lined up to the outer (top) of the cutouts... but on the inner bits, it looks like there is just so much non-contact between pads and rotor on some parts...
I stop fine as my total system weight is only about 97kg. I wrote to Magura but normally it takes them quite a few days to reply and I was not able to send any pictures.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Rather than washers as spacers, I wonder if a slightly larger adapter is available? You would think that the existing adapter would work but the alignment for pad/rotor is bad. With 203mm rotors you would think that the upgrade would be straight forward.

I personally don’t like the idea of having to use washers as spacers but you may have no choice. Maybe measure rotor diameter? Magura floating rotors fit ours perfectly.

NMK

Sep 14, 2022
Budapest
Rather than washers as spacers, I wonder if a slightly larger adapter is available? You would think that the existing adapter would work but the alignment for pad/rotor is bad. With 203mm rotors you would think that the upgrade would be straight forward.

I personally don’t like the idea of having to use washers as spacers but you may have no choice. Maybe measure rotor diameter? Magura floating rotors fit ours perfectly.
Magura has only these limited adapters. I just got back from my LBS and they confirmed the set is is correct as the top of the pad is perfectly aligned with the outer rim of the rotor. I guess more riding and then see what happens.
82458860-E743-4A0F-8F4B-601EBFB199C7.jpeg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I just got back from my LBS and they confirmed the set is is correct as the top of the pad is perfectly aligned with the outer rim of the rotor. I guess more riding and then see what happens.

The line that you see at the edge of the cutouts is not the edge of the pad. The wear pattern you see on the rotors is exactly what you should expect. Time to take the bike out and shred. 👍🏻

Reactions: NMK

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles